× General Discussion

Nonclinical careers forum now open - private

More
6 years 8 months ago #88916 by Minn_DO
Can you please allow me access to this forum, as I would like to see other viable options?...

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #89014 by tnm
I would like to request access to this forum. Thank you.

More
6 years 8 months ago #89049 by futureofthefutur
Can you add me to this group? I'm starting down this road, but want to know what nonclinical options look like.

More
6 years 7 months ago #89246 by HAM
Please add me to the forum. I have a lot of questions. Thanks!

More
6 years 7 months ago #89247 by HAM
I am not sure if we can just post or what. If I can, here goes.

I'm currently in my 2nd year of endocrine fellowship. I fast- tracked to this position thereby skipping my 3rd year in residency. Unfortunately the program accepting me didn't j ow how to structure anything and a wage dispute arose based on contracts we had signed etc. Subsequently I was harassed, received suddenly negative evaluations, and my PD tried several times to get rid of me this year. In Feb they notified me that my contract would not be renewed. This sucks bc with the fast track path, I would need an additional year to board eligible for both endo and IM. However, stopping that year means that I am not progressing down the path that AbIM had approved and my certification will be revoked. Hence, I will never be able to practice medicine again. It's a real stinker because we have a contract with my home state for me to return to practice endocrinology that if I don't return, I'll owe $250,000. Furthermore, as a person with and a sister to a person with diabetes, it has been my lifelong goal to become an endocrinologist to care for patients suffering form this disease. All based on a wage dispute.

Naturally I'm fairly ticked off. Have a lawyer. Can file for an appeal. Likely will have to sue for wrongful termination.

Boohoo. But really this post is about a position as a MSL for a drug company. It is in my area of expertise and would provide benefits, salary and stability. Has anyone had similar experiences with this line of work?

More
6 years 7 months ago #89305 by Zeze'sMum
I would love access too, how do we join?

I can do all things through Christ; that includes being a mom, doctor and wife!

Time to create page: 0.272 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!