× General Discussion

Survey - please fill out!

More
9 years 3 months ago #75049 by MommyDO
I filled out your survey too, you'll have to let us know how your talk goes and what the results were.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #75067 by southernbelle
Hello everyone, I will be a third year in three weeks. Just finished up my boards. Thank goodness! I am very nervous about the transition between 2nd and 3rd years. I tire out pretty easily. I also am worried about never seeing my husband. I am worried about the long hours. Once a week we have call that is 5 PM to 10 PM and one call a month on the weekends. I don't know how I can do this, I am ready to die by 5 PM. I like medicine but am not a workalcolholic or anything. Any thoughts?

More
9 years 3 months ago #75072 by asunshine

southernbelle wrote: I tire out pretty easily. I also am worried about never seeing my husband. I am worried about the long hours. Once a week we have call that is 5 PM to 10 PM and one call a month on the weekends. I don't know how I can do this, I am ready to die by 5 PM. I like medicine but am not a workalcolholic or anything. Any thoughts?

You'll be okay, southernbelle. There will be nothing given you that you can't handle--you'll probably surprise yourself a lot this year! Just remember to sleep and eat when you can, and if your resident tells you to go home after you sweetly ask "Is there anything else I can do for you?" make sure you GO HOME. As long as you anticipate that the year will be long and tiresome, and plan fun things on your weekends off and vacations you will be okay. You will certainly have crappy days, but you will have good days, too....think of the crappy days as, uh, "learning experiences". You'll be fine!

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!