× General Discussion

The positive aspect of being a mom in medicine

More
15 years 3 months ago #7435 by Lindsey
HA!!! My little boy doesn't even TRY to fake being sick anymore. He believes I automatically KNOW when he's sick and when he's not...lol. I think that's a pretty positive thing about being a mom in medicine :rotfl:

Peace~
Lindsey

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago #7436 by IUmedstudent
When I began volunteering at a hospital as an undergraduate, I clipped the ID badge to my rear-view mirror. When my son got in the car, I showed him the picture on it. "Mom," he looks at me and sounds sooo serious, "I can't wait till you get the whole outfit." :rotfl:

I try really hard to be a good role model. I think I do a good job. Nothing half-a$$ed about it!

More
15 years 3 months ago #7437 by PremedRN
Aaaaah, how cute!!

Kris, thanks....we moms are such great beings!

I just thought Id contribute this story about moms (since I did contribute a lot the that other topic)....Being a mom already helps me treat the patients I take care of as a nurse, just the other day we admitted as 25 yr old woman, married with a 3 month old baby. She was in a coagulopathic state (had a DVT)....was put on heparin and started on coumadin...she was soo very upset when we told her to hold off on the breastfeeding until we knew the drugs did or didnt cross into the breastmilk, she was soo upset at the thought of giving up breast feeding, it really touched my heart. Ends up she could continue breastfeeding, but the hospitalization and separation from the baby really had her in turmoil. I asked her if she had a portable crib, and she did. I said "We will move you to that big corner room, and your husband can bring the crib up and your little one can sleep there, just make sure someone is here when/if you have tests scheduled,(her husband was there a lot anyway)....her eyes lit up like a candle, she smiled and thanked me. If I hadnt been a mom, maybe I wouldnt have been as thoughtful about this, maybe if I hadnt gained my own experiences as a mom, I wouldnt have been able to understand how the hospitalization a lone can really affect a person as a mother.

Anyway, just thought Id share. :D

More
15 years 3 months ago #7438 by wannaBmd
Wow, what a wonderful, beautiful story. See that's why MomMD's are great! ...and Dana YOU will be an awesome one! :D

Diana

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!