× General Discussion

overwhelmed + hormones = EMOTIONAL

More
8 years 4 months ago #79923 by lola1984
Hi all, this is mostly just a chance for me to vent, so thanks for letting me do that. :) I need it every once in a while. I'm 37-weeks pregnant, hot as hell (no air conditioning in our new apartment), anxious about baby coming soon, and super-anxious about residency starting soon as well (I'm due on the first day of orientation). I have been super-moody today and its driving me crazy. I want to be productive so I feel good about myself, but when I try to do stuff around the house I just get frustrated and freak out. Hubby's at work, so he can't help, plus I already flipped out on him before he went in tonight. Also, I figure I should try to do stuff around the house at night, when its cooler, versus the middle of the day. I wish we could get air conditioning, but money is super-tight, and with the baby coming, and I won't be able to work right away, we shouldn't be spending what we have on stuff that we don't absolutely need.

Ugh. I'm going to go try to hang pictures up on the wall. Or maybe just watch TV and put my (swollen beyond recognition) feet up.

Thanks for letting me vent :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #79926 by mohm
I hope your feet are feeling better. Hang in there! Fortunately babies really need only a few things to start: a loving caregiver, diapers, a few items of clothes, formula or breast milk, and something to swaddle with. You might want to visit a few cool places like the library or mall to cool off during the day. I hope the next few weeks go smoothly.

More
8 years 4 months ago #79927 by sahmd
I didn't have air conditioning either when I was pregnant and it was miserable. I had to have my fan pointed directly at me at all times! I hope you feel better soon.

More
8 years 4 months ago #79934 by lyn2006
have a nice cold drink and don't feel bad about putting your feet up! I was super pregnant in the winter and remember turning my heat down to 60 because I was so hot - I can't even imagine how uncomfortable you are right now!

More
8 years 4 months ago #79943 by kpzr/9145
Yes do not feel bad about putting your feet up! You deserve it. Take it easy. Keep us posted and good luck!

kpzr

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!