× General Discussion

Hospitalist like residency????

More
7 years 10 months ago #81397 by Administrator
One of our newest bloggers has written about choosing a specialty and weighing family time vs. career interests. She'd love to hear some of these conversations and riff on them with readers -- please post there if you have a quick moment. Please! She's just getting started with MomMD and could use the posts!

The blog is Shift Change, and our blogger's name is Danielle Jones.

www.mommd.com/blogs/shiftchange/9/

Thanks!

MomMD Admins

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #81416 by Docmomof4
I didn't mean that comment in terms of hospitalists not being respected, etc, I meant the workload seemed to be very high...most of the hospitalists I know seem very overwhelmed all of the time-no caps on admissions, very intense hours at work. i agree it is probably completely job dependent. And, obviously, they are not like residents in the sense that they are completely autonomous. The pay, at least here in the northeast, is very high, but in my experience they earn every penny of it.

I basically meant in my comment what Amma described above...

More
7 years 9 months ago #81834 by efex101
Hmm, not sure about caps with some Hospitalist groups but all the places I do locums and my FT job we do not carry more than 15 patients and to be honest this is unusual...to have a card of 15. I am for the most part always below 15 and it is totally doable IMHO. As not ALL patients are train wrecks and many are easy progress notes and quick visits. There are some complicated patients at times on your card but not the majority.

Time to create page: 0.240 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!