× General Discussion

Postpartum weight loss

More
7 years 10 months ago #83670 by sah
1) i was told that you don't lose the weight until you stop breastfeeding and that was true for me. I sadly bought all of these big pants and eventually (after stopped breast feeding) was back in my old clothes (twin delivery) so you can do it
2) the inpatient lifestyle is very conducive to weight loss: the elevators are too slow so use the stairs, you don't get time for lunch, etc etc. walking from one hospital to another also gets a lot. just stay away from the nurses snack caches...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #83717 by Johnsutan
Hey asunshine I would also like to lose weight and would be pleased to know which Weight Watchers program worked well for you because i also want to join the program . Thanks

<a href=" dextertenisonfitness.com/ " rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Boot camp Memphis tn</a>

More
6 years 10 months ago #88381 by English
Any updates, ladies? Would love to hear some success stories or just stories :)

More
6 years 10 months ago #88385 by clee03m
I am 11 months postpartum, and I am skinnier than post baby #1 and heavier than prebaby. Belly looks pretty normal except for tiny bit of loose skin. I don't know if I will ever be as skinny as prebaby since I am not exercising 5 hours a night and 12 hours a day on weekends like before. But I am perfectly happy with the way I look. I decided to not fret over a few pounds as long as I am at a normal weight. But since I am not hauling my body weight over steep or overhanging rocks on a regular basis, a few pounds are, no big deal.

What I can't figure out is why I am losing weight more easily this time around when I am actually not dieting. I may be making more milk though my son is eating solids now like a champ. I exercise less--only about 30 min is all I can manage a day. I have two kids to chase, I guess? We are trying to work with a budget and hardly eat out. That may be it. Either way, very happy not only with my weight and how my body looks, but also with my relaxed state of mind. So freeing after years of weight obsession!

More
6 years 10 months ago #88387 by southernmd
I gained any weight I had lost right back during interview season. Dieting and exercising with the hubby now to try to get back on track. Not anywhere near my pre-baby weight. Oh well. I'll keep at it. I have memories of what I looked like at a BMI of 21. Those are nice.

More
6 years 10 months ago #88389 by niash
I had gestational diabetes and hardly gained any weight during the pregnancy due to the strict diet. I am a vegetarian, avoid cheese due to family hx of hyperlipidemia and thus can not eat in most places so, I pack my own food (like Gandhi used to :P). This seems to help me a lot to keep my weight in check.

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!