× General Discussion

2006 - Hopes & Dreams

More
13 years 11 months ago #8093 by MomMD
For many 2005 was a tough year. For others it may have been great. What were your highs and lows of 2005? What are you hopes and dreams for 2006?

Thanks for sharing.

President, MomMD<br />Connecting Women in Medicine - Welcome all physicians, resident physicians, medical students and premedical students!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #8094 by koladoc
Hi,
Am new to the site and was just browsing on the net looking for solutions or jsut someone to share with,I would say this year started out as a good year, I got a placement for my 1st house job starting august/ was looking forward to paying all debt now that both hubby and i would have jobs. by the way ma hubby is a doc as well in ob/gy. he earns enough but becos he commuted for 3 yrs to work , we spent savings on transport and childcare for me to study.
August came and hubby could not get a job as some of u maybe aware SHO jobs in UK have become
highly competitive . my pay is half what my hubby earned, so slowly in 4 months we used up all our savings to keep up with priority bills,hubby is still job hunting, used all money on credit cards, asked for overdraft from bank which by end of this month will be used up,
i get so tired from the house job that i only have weekends to fit in a 2nd job which is not easy cos most jobs are weekdays, hubby is not to keen to take up an odd job and right now i feel like i wanna throw him out , guys any ideas cos am going bonkers and now and i do not want this pressure to reflect in my work, this is my 1st job and have been doing well so far :weeping: :weeping:

I can do all things through christ who strengthens me!

More
13 years 11 months ago #8095 by AnnaM
High point was quitting my job in August after 21 years. Low point was dealing with stubborn Danish mom being diagnosed with Alzheimer's. As far as she's concerned, she's just fine and doesn't need any help (NOT!)
My hope for 2006 is that I will finally convince my brother (Mom's financial POA) that there is a problem and he needs to supervise her finances more closely. My other hope is that i will finally find a wallpaper pattern I like and get it up on my kitchen walls, but I'm not holding my breath.

More
13 years 11 months ago #8096 by Duck
I absolutely believe that 2006 will be a much better year! I haven't posted here in awhile...life kinda kicked me in the butt :eek: and I took a much needed break.

The lowest point was working as a teacher in a charter school this past August and not getting paid :mad: . This was a new job for me and most of the staff. We were unaware of the school's troubles (it was closed in October). I am owed about three thousand dollars. Two thousand was taken from my checking and savings to cover checks, etc. An extremely ugly situation :wave:

Duck (Daphne)

More
13 years 11 months ago #8097 by mommd2b
Hi: Moving to our new house that we just absolutely love...my favorite part is the deck that we had built...the top level is 12 x 15 and then they created a play area for the kids complete with slide and swings underneath.

Low: damn diagnosis

Hopes/Dreams for the year? Kick lymphoma's butt and then apply to a PsyD program and start down the road to helping people who get these kinds of diagnoses learn to cope and survive.

In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer.

More
13 years 11 months ago #8098 by drvicky
Low point- a year of infertility
high point- finding out we were pregnant on 12/27
My hopes are to have a healthy baby this year!

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!