× General Discussion

Medical School Selection Criteria

More
7 years 9 months ago #83847 by AmmaMD
My med school was VERY supportive.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #83859 by megboo
My med school was (is?) very supportive as well. With my complicated pregnancy I was thrown out of sequence for rotations with my class and was in danger of not being able to graduate as intended.

They let me mix M4 rotations in with M3 to get myself back in sequence and I will graduate on time. Pretty awesome of them, IMO.

Also, not a PBL school, but M2 had about 2-3 days of required activities on campus, the rest of the time I podcasted.

"Some of it's magic and some of it's tragic but I had a good life all the way."<br />- He Went to Paris by Jimmy Buffett
Last Edit: 7 years 9 months ago by .

More
7 years 9 months ago #83863 by SW to MD
Another very supportive school here as well. Although we have had required group activities every morning at 8 am and afternoon activities every other day for the past two weeks- which has definitely been a study-time killer and irritating to spend so much time on campus. *sigh*

But- look in the General discussion for one of my posts- an article from my school is there, and if you look at the 2010 Pregnancies thread, you can see accommodations they made for my situation. I ended up splitting second year into 2, so my baby will be almost two when I start rotations in July.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy - MLKJ

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!