× General Discussion

Leaving after intern year?

More
7 years 4 months ago #85108 by sahmd
Wow, that is great news!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #85110 by LoveBug14
Oh and I did graduate, so I am officially LoveBug14, MD :)

More
7 years 4 months ago #85117 by SW to MD
Yeah! Congrats on the MD, and ability to spend more time at home. Glad everything worked out so well! :)

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy - MLKJ

More
7 years 4 months ago #85134 by OnExtendedLeave
Congratulations, Doctor LoveBug14!

More
7 years 4 months ago #85337 by residentmamamd
I just left my gen surg residency after intern year. Life goes on!! SAHM time is precious. Having icky feelings about medicine does not seem to get better, it actually cian get worse and make you bitter. (Thank you senior residents)

The job situation is interesting. In my state, you have to work 2 years for a license. It turns out that without a license, completed residency, and board certification, the MD feels more like a bachelor degree.

Just decided to return to residency but this time in psych. It doesn't trigger all of those yucky medicine sentiments. A bit sad at the thought of working full time after being a SAHM, but nothing can be as bad as surgery, right.

Hang in there LoveBug...just because you are doing it differently than other people doesn't mean it's wrong. I have never been happier!

“Would that there were an award for people who come to understand the concept of enough. Good enough. Successful enough. Thin enough. Rich enough. Socially responsible enough. When you have self-respect, you have enough.”<br />Gail Sheehy

More
7 years 4 months ago #85345 by asunshine
Great post, residentmamamd. Thanks for sharing.

Time to create page: 0.228 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!