× General Discussion

Leaving after intern year?

More
7 years 4 months ago #85347 by AmmaMD
Welcome! It sounds like you've been working hard carving out a path that meets your needs. And, as someone currently doing a psych residency - part time - and loving it, it sounds like a particularly great plan to me!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #85354 by LoveBug14
Agreed, great post residentmamamd!

More
7 years 1 day ago #87032 by LoveBug14
I thought I might resurrect this post because I am probably going to back and asking lots of more questions!

So... catch up. I was able to defer starting residency (they are holding my spot to start July 2013). I am a stay at home (with an MD) to a now almost-1-year baby. I am happier than I ever thought I possibly could be! I don't know how else to put it - I feel that life is as it should be. Everyday I wake up to his milky-breath giggling and my heart feels like it's going to burst. All day we dance, sing, clap, bounce all over each other, co-sleep, breastfeed, run through the park, blow bubbles, ah. It's hard, really hard sometimes - but I am incredibly happy.

But. Ugh. Of course there is a 'but'. I am still supposed to start residency next year. I don't want to, oh how I don't want to. However, I don't want to prematurely close doors. Also, if something were to make it so my husband couldn't work, I want to have at least the option of going back.

So here we are. We are living with my parents - and to use someone's words from above "working hard to carve out a path". I'm in the process of figuring out childcare with lots of back-ups. And also, how to most maximize family time when we are home. Just wanted to slowly rejoin the forum I guess :) hope everyone is well!

More
7 years 1 day ago #87035 by asunshine
Good to hear from you again, LoveBug. Sounds like you've got a lot of things worked out. Will you and your husband still be in the same city for residency? Good luck on the transition--you still have lots of time. :)

More
7 years 1 day ago #87042 by LoveBug14
Yup - same city! And still living with my parents :)

More
7 years 1 day ago #87043 by newmommdphd
I hope things work out beautifully for you, LoveBug. Sounds like you have a good set up in the works. Just a side note...I LOVED being a SAHM when my child was under 1. Now that he is 3, it drives me insane to stay at home with him all day. The constant running after a toddler, saying "no," dealing with temper tantrums, etc. is really difficult and I kept thinking about getting back to the hospital just to have some peace and quiet, and be able to think for 2 minutes without being interrupted. Life and motherhood does change for some of us based on the stage of life we and our children are in.

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!