× General Discussion

Leaving after intern year?

More
7 years 1 month ago #87047 by clee03m
Newmom, thank you for posting that. Reading Lovebug's post made me a little sick (sorry, Lovebug!) because I desperately want to be home more with my kiddos. Gives me hope that this feeling will pass.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #87048 by lyn2006
Yes newmom, I agree! I wish I didn't have to work quite so much (but one day I think that will be possible - just not as a resident!) but it is SO NICE to get some quiet in the hospital and have adult conversations and feel like I'm doing something that I really enjoy which doesn't include trying to make an almost-three-year old happy :)

Good luck Lovebug, we'll look for more updates as you transition! You are lucky that you have family around to help out!

More
7 years 1 month ago #87049 by Emily2651
I'm so glad you're enjoying your year, LB. Sounds luscious.

I think it's smart of you to at least try internship; you may be surprised!

The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea. -- Isak Dinesen

More
7 years 1 month ago #87050 by CMR

newmommdphd wrote: Life and motherhood does change for some of us based on the stage of life we and our children are in.

That is so true. What feels right at one point in time may feel different later on.

More
7 years 1 month ago #87051 by LoveBug14
Thanks for all the feedback! Sorry clee03m, I don't intend to make anyone sick. I think it's so important we all do what makes us happy. Personally, I don't think medicine is it for me - but I am so amazed by the women physicians that are balancing their dreams of clinical work and kiddos - hats off to all of them! Honestly, I made the decision to go to medical school because it seemed like a logical next step. After 4 years of sacrifice/hard work I thought I needed to at least apply. Then I just kept going full-force without ever really pausing to think 'is this job right for me?'. When I held my baby in my arms, my world slowed down and I was able to finally take a breath and think about things. I remember watching my friend's stay-at-home moms growing up and thinking, "that is SO not for me". But, as we all know - having your own baby changes you. And certainly, I might be pleasantly surprised by residency. I've learned that anything can happen.

And newmomm, I think you are so right about stages! I worked as a part-time daycare teacher in college. I loved loved loved working with the 2-4 year-olds best! Sure, I thought the younger babies were cute, but they couldn't do all the fun stuff I loved doing. Of course, having my own little guy I enjoyed those early stages, cause well, he's mine. But I still prefer playing with kiddos once they can really get moving (luckily my active dude started walking at seven months, takes after his mama).

I am, by the way, terrified (beyond words) for the teenage stage...
Last Edit: by .

More
7 years 1 month ago #87055 by clee03m
No no no! I am so happy for you that you are having a such wonderful time. It is not like if you were miserable I would get to spend more time with my kiddos. Good for you and your baby. Sounds soooo wonderful.

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!