× General Discussion

loving non-clinical medicine

More
7 years 6 months ago #84966 by Heather Rose
I had lots of misgivings about leaving patient care, but being at home this morning at 8 am snuggling with my husband, my 4 year old son, and my two year old son was AWESOME. Walking upstairs to my office in my pajamas was also pretty cool. If you are getting burned out in clinical medicine and need a break, I'd love to hear from you. I left two years ago and haven;t looked back. MUCH less stress and still working in my capacity as a physician. I work for a company called EHR so if you want to hear about that, let me know. But otherwise I can surely offer my experience with non-clinical careers in medicine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #84969 by vlbedoc
hello heather.. i am currently going through the phase of career transition and am very confused.. i recently graduated med school, married and hoping to have children soon; i do not want to go into clinical med with all the stressful hours..
all my life i had always wanted to be a doctor but now my priorities changed and i want something more balanced... can you share what you learnt from your experience? and offer some advice?

More
7 years 6 months ago #84981 by Endlady
Hi- I love what I do (endocrinology), but due to family circumstances (special needs child who may need to be homeschooled) I am thinking of stepping out of clinical medicine as well. I would like to hear more about options and anything else you may want to share.
Unfortunately I have no sense for business and I am as creative as a paperclip. So- no entrepreneurial future for me :).

More
7 years 6 months ago #84985 by OnExtendedLeave
Hi Heather Rose, I've been out of clinical medicine for ~2.5 years (same age as my third child!) and I agree, it is fabulous not to have the stress of the hospital! My friend is a unit coordinator in the ED still and her horror stories (weekly) are enough to keep me glad I'm not working there... I'd love to hear more about EHR, though am currently swamped with part-time work (chief medical officer for a small company in medical monitoring) and the kids and other projects. Thanks for sharing!

More
7 years 6 months ago #84999 by Docmomof4
Interesting-what exactly do you do?

More
7 years 6 months ago #85010 by OnExtendedLeave
Hi Docmomof4. Are you asking Heather Rose what she does with EHR, or are you asking what I do as CMO?

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!