× General Discussion

loving non-clinical medicine

More
7 years 5 months ago #85040 by marathonmom
Would love to hear more about what you do. I am thinking of stepping away from clinical medicine also, but my stupid tail insurance is tying my hands...I still need to work to make those payments. What options have you seen and what do you do?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #85081 by EDMD
Can you please tell us more about this EHR? I've vaguely heard about it but not from someone who actually works with one of the companies.
What is the work load/expectancy?

More
7 years 5 months ago #85082 by niash
Just curious. Have you guys considered part-time family practice residencies and part-time jobs thereafter? I just googled and I got a bunch of hits on hospitals that offer FM part-time residencies. It looks like if you don't mind losing the income, there are ways to do it.

More
7 years 5 months ago #85136 by OnExtendedLeave
I'd like to know more about EHR also.

I did emergency medicine residency full-time except with a real maternity leave so graduated in August instead of June (had to make up shifts). I then worked "per diem" only at different local hospitals for 4 years, averaging ~6-8 shifts/month, which was perfect for me. I didn't mind losing the income and still actually made a pretty decent income. However, in the end, there are still plenty of problems with the healthcare system and with working in the ER. That, combined with wanting to be home more with my 3 young children, led me to leave clinical medicine. Even if only once or twice per week, I didn't like leaving my kids for e.g., 12-14 hours at a time.

More
7 years 5 months ago #85150 by ElisDrMom
I, too, would love to hear more about what all of you non-clinical physicians are doing! Please, enlighten us :-)

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending” ---maria robinson

More
7 years 4 months ago #85228 by sombra
Same here.

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!