× General Discussion

Step 3...last minute advice?

More
6 years 5 months ago #88348 by southernmd
Totally off-topic, but I think that seems a lot for over a year old. Who am I to judge though?

When my son turned 1-yr-old, we gave him whole milk and he got stored breastmilk of mine for some occasions from the deep freezer. I think we made it to 13 months with that store. He also ate regular food.

Is your son eating food?

I don't know how you are rested if he nurses every 1-2 hrs 24 hours a day. I would be absolutely exhausted!

Best of luck with your test.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #88351 by LoveBug14
I figure there's a huge range of normal with breastfeeding, just like everything else - sleeping, weight, talking, etc. I hear he's exactly like I was, loves to nurse and doesn't need much sleep. My son eats lots of solids! Everything we eat, he eats.

PS, sorry for hi-jacking asunshine, good luck on your test!! Hopefully you're done and resting by now :)

More
6 years 5 months ago #88352 by southernmd
I hear that on ranges of normals. To be honest - I would have paid someone if my son could have breastfed longer. I was devastated when he wouldn't anymore.

More
6 years 5 months ago #88357 by PeggySue
I pumped during my recent step 3 - no problems at all! You can access your locker or even leave the building during your breaks if you want.

It's also pretty fast, especially day 2 with the cases.

Good luck!

More
6 years 5 months ago #88359 by asunshine
Thanks! Long story, but I had to reschedule due to technical issues on the company's part. Really hadn't been planning on that. Argh!

I'm glad you hijacked! It's an important topic! My experience (at least from day 1) is that you can access your locker and even your phone. My site does not have more than 1 bathroom, so I wouldn't suggest pumping there unless you really want to make some people mad. The employee break room or your car might work. Also, my center had no fridge available FYI. If you're a fast test taker and your kiddo isn't using you for primary nutrition, I think those are good signs. I pumped during Step 1 (baby was 11mos), and was kind of miserable since I am a slow test-taker and get engorged pretty quickly. It can be done, just double up on the nursing pads and bring some extras IYKWIM.
Last Edit: by .

More
6 years 5 months ago #88363 by Baby Einstein
If he doesn't drink anything else, then you probably still do produce more than other women at that age. Good to know you can for sure pump etc. Good luck to you (and to asunshine on day 2, whenever that is!)

Time to create page: 0.343 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!