× General Discussion

Baseline USMLE Step 1 score?

More
6 years 7 months ago #89412 by mdstudent14
9 more weeks until Step 1!! Getting excited.

That said, is anyone willing to share their baseline Step 1 score and the progress you made between then and the actual Step 1 exam? I took my baseline last week and I am feeling okay about it, but I clearly have a lot of work to do. It's hard to set my expectations without any frame of reference for the baseline. I turned to Student Doctor Network, but I feel like that website is so skewed sometimes. Thanks!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #89414 by southernmd
edited...I guess I should be a little more private with score stuff. You know, after I matched - I just stopped caring!

For sake of anonymity though - let's go with I increased 30 points from my baseline!

Good luck! Study hard -I took 5.5 weeks of dedicated studying, but I did World all year and consistently kept up with my classes.
Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by .

More
6 years 7 months ago #89415 by rock_see
I improved about 20-25 points from my baseline if I remember correctly.

OB/Gyn R2 and Mom of three (10, 8, and 4)

More
6 years 7 months ago #89422 by nbp
I improved 45 points, from barely passing to just above average. And I did not study very effectively (being 26-30 weeks pregnant may have had something to do with it! I also used way too many study resources). I probably could have done a lot better had I been focused and just stuck with USMLE World and First Aid. Good luck! And stay away from SDN right now - it will just make you go crazy!!!

More
6 years 7 months ago #89428 by mdstudent14
Thanks for the input, ladies! My target score is an increase of about 30-35 points, so hopefully I can make this happen. Nice to hear your experiences! Thanks. :)

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!