× General Discussion

Worst pregnancy comments

More
12 years 2 months ago #767 by Dental-Mom
The unforgetable one:

I went to have some Latin food and the server asked: how far are you in the pregnancy? I said smiling, 27 weeks. Then she said with a lot of "authority" "don't worry, after 30 weeks the doctor will put you on a diet".

Most stupid one:

Since my dh is Iranian I always got this from old ladies: "Oh, he's going to take the baby back to his country and you'll never see the baby again."

The cheapest one:

"you are expecting ANOTHER BOY?" Oh, your dh must be so proud of you!"

The most horrible one:

This Chinesse mom with a 4 yr old girl and an infant boy in a car seat noticed I have 1 boy and another boy on the way. So she said "you were blessed twice and I was only blessed ONCE". Her little girl was standing next to her listening.

Dental Mom<br />Determination: You don't know what you can do until you try.<br />Applying this summer<br />Dental school 2010!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #768 by residentmom

When are you due?" Oh...how about 3 months ago...THANKS FOR ASKING!!!!!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

ResidentMom<br /><br />"If you bungle raising your children, I don't think whatever else you do well matters very much." --Jackie O.

More
12 years 2 months ago #769 by twinmom
I've had the "when are you due" 3 weeks post-children. I honestly thought of saying "in about 3 weeks" since my boys were premature! ;)

More
12 years 2 months ago #770 by babywonder
well, i guess this would not actually be a "currently pregnant" comment, but my husband and i decided to have a small civil ceremony kind of recently and reception/party after graduation, so we really did not tell anyone we were married until the weekend afterwards, and two days later a girl asked me, in front of the IM director, "why? are you pregnant?" really, i was not offended, and actually thought funny, but anyways....

More
12 years 1 month ago #771 by premed mom
I think the worst pregnancy comments were things that were not said at all....I am 5'4" and looked like a petite woman carrying a watermelon in my belly..up until 7 months, my friends would always comment on how cute I looked and how I looked so good for being pregnant...well those comments stopped pretty abruptly and I realized at my baby shower that the fat pad on my nose must have given me away because I never heard any "cute" comments anymore...

"Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." -H. Thurman

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!