× General Discussion

Name change after getting married

More
5 years 7 months ago #92707 by espm
I did not change my last name because in my culture, women keep their last names. It has caused no problems with my kids, their school, traveling, etc. My daughter's friends all call me "[daughter's name]'s Mom," not Mrs. [my last name] anyway, haha. And my daughter has never asked why I don't have the same last name as her.

Even though I kept my last name, sometimes people call me Mrs. [Husband's last name]. It doesn't bother me and I never correct them. So like Popcorn said, you can still use your husband's last name in social settings if you want.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #94008 by Slidell
I changed my last name when I got married and kept it after the divorce due to wanting to have the same name as my child. I actually wish I would have never changed it, but due to having degrees, publications, etc with the name I choose to keep it. It really is a matter of personal preference, and I have a daughter who may change her name when she gets older and married, so in the end it never really mattered.

If I were to re-marry I would still keep the last name that I have now.

Please check out my blog: <a href=" www.aspiringminoritydoctor.com " rel="nofollow" target="_blank"> www.aspiringminoritydoctor.com </a>

More
5 years 7 months ago #94047 by CardioCat
Changing your married name back to your maiden name is such a hassle. I would keep the maiden name or ask him to change his last name.

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!