× General Discussion

Nuva Ring or Diaphragm?

More
12 years 10 months ago #10411 by Drme2b
I tried Nuva Ring for many months but it didn't work for me. I had constant spotting and severe cramping & nausea with it and only felt relief when it was out. :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #10412 by Diamondice79
I LOVE my Ring... i had such a hard time with the pill, it made me feel Horrible... But my ring is great...

i think sometimes if you do not insert it correctly or far enough you, do not get the dosage you need to keep from spotting..

I have never lost mines, I did have to buy gloves to insert/remove, to avoid infection or irritation.

once again... I LOVE IT... will never go back to the Pill..

"Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got." <br />—Janis Joplin

More
12 years 9 months ago #10413 by Popcorn
Count me in the love, love, love group!!

There used to be a coupon on the website for a free ring so you could just try it. I adore it for the same reasons mentioned - convenient, no worries about forgetting pills on/post call, flexibility (I usually run 2 rings back to back over 7-8 weeks), light periods (usually about 3 days for me), and I haven't ever "lost" it ;) .

I asked hubby - he said he can't feel it. If I feel it, it's just not in far enough or flipped around right - sort of the same feeling when a tampon isn't in right.

More
12 years 9 months ago #10414 by Popcorn
Oh, and this probably sounds silly, but there are little stickers in the package for your calendar. I can be ditsy with life things, and it's helpful. Just like remembering the dog's hartgard - I love calendar stickers.

Ok, I'm a dork too. I admit it. ;)

More
12 years 9 months ago #10415 by nbp
I'm yet another Nuva Ring lover! I have never lost it, though occasionally when I insert a new one I have to go back to the bathroom to reinsert because I don't get it in far enough the first time and I can feel it trying to slip out... But no problems. My husband does notice it during intercourse so I tend to take it out right beforehand, but it's safe to have out for up to three hours, so it's not a big deal. Also, my ob/gyn told me it's okay to go right from one ring to the other for up to three rings, skipping the monthly period. I do this, but I tend to start spotting near the end of the third ring. Anyway, I can't feel it, I don't have to think about it every day (or week, like the patch), so I think it's the greatest!

More
12 years 9 months ago #10416 by SurgChick
I'm also a user, and love the convienience/not having to think about it for weeks. I wear mine for 4 wks, so I only have a period every 5 wks. It does sometimes slip a little... just have to push it in further, no problem. My husband can't feel it during intercourse. With any hormonal contraceptives, you may have some spotting with the first few cycles... this usually goes away. NuvaRing is SO much more convenient than OCPs!

PGY-3, General Surgery

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!