× General Discussion

What are YOU sick of?

More
15 years 3 months ago #11014 by Button
CaliMD ---- Yes!!!!! I've heard those threats. I had a patient come to me after filing a complaint against my partner for not giving in to her every demand. The insurance company did an investigation of the complaint. Then she threatened me telling me that I had to prescibe her Dexadrine (a triplicate ---basically equivalent to Speed) for weight loss like her doctor had done in another clinic --or she would file a complaint against me. Luckily, I did not have triplicates at the time and wouldn't have done it anyway so she moved on to another physician and was eventually discharged from the practice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago #11015 by AnnRita
I'm sick of (in no particular order):

1) bad drivers
2) direct-to-consumer advertising by pharmaceutical companies and their argument that it "helps" the consumer
3) bad coffee
4) rude people
5) PMS

More
15 years 3 months ago #11016 by PremedRN
amatallahk,
Oh believe me, I know how rude and ignorant people can be!! Some people have a false sense of entitlement. I once (my one and only complaint in 5.5 yrs working as a nurse) was complained on because I asked the patient to give me his right arm (I was standing on his left)so I could flush his IV instead of going around the bed. The family wasnt realizing the fact that there was limited room with all of them in there and instead of asking them to leave I asked for the man's hand because he was not immobile and quite capable of giving me his arm. Talking about petty. My managers just blew it off, they know how much of a butt kisser I am to the patients, and I do it well---that's part of what I get paid for. But yeah, people can be way too much.

Okay, I am sooo sick of Ketchup bottles. You unscrew the lid to get to that cover that is on, and it has a film that says "Pull to open lid" and the thing either doesnt budge or you pull the whole film off without that protective lid, end up having to use a knife anyway to get off and be able to squirt the ketchup out. Thats petty, but Im sick of it! :D

More
15 years 3 months ago #11017 by M-A
Having a cold while I'm doing shift work! Ugh! :ouch:

More
15 years 3 months ago #11018 by Amy26
I'm sick of......

1) Being broke
2) Rude people
3) Traffic
4) Being single but dealing with all the hassles of being married - (live-in boyfriend! :banghead: )

More
15 years 3 months ago #11019 by rhlmdmph2b

I'm sick of......

1) Being broke
2) Rude people
3) Traffic
4) Being single but dealing with all the hassles of being married - (live-in boyfriend! )

Amy, you can control #1 and #4!!! ;) :)

Time to create page: 0.234 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!