× General Discussion

Does anyone ever feel like they have to be super student, and will never measure up?

More
12 years 11 months ago #12851 by Azgirl
Hello everyone.
I have made a decision to embark on a medical career. I feel like i know so little about health care yet i want to be a doctor?
I am basing my decision on a few things.
1. I am facinated with all sciences bio, chem, and physics.
2. I want a career that i really have to work for
3. I think that health care would be an extremely rewarding profession.

ok so now to my point in subject.
while looking at schools and such i have determined that i should...
1. Strive for at least a 3.8 GPA
2. Need to be well rounded in every aspect of my life
3. score well on the mcat.
What i mean by super students is. Extra curricular activities, and work experience.

The medical school i am hoping to get into is the university of arizona. On their wedsite they list the things an accepted applicant will posess. And in addition to the expected recquirements they want a "well roundedness in extracurricular activites or work experience". To be clear they give examples such as; accomplished pianist, and being apart of a team sport. Why can't they just ask for one? why do they need a collection of nonscholastic activity?

Now i'm not saying that i can't do this or that i won't it just... does anyone just want to be able to concentrate on their studies and getting experience in health care?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #12852 by Azgirl
p.s.
sorry for mispelling and bad gramer.
Also if anyone know weather the above is a decieding factor upon acceptance, please let me know:)

More
12 years 11 months ago #12853 by alyssak
Just ask my boyfriend, I'm merely a freshman in college and already I get weighed down by all my 'but I haven't..'s and worries about being accepted to a medical school. Sometimes it keeps me up at night! What makes it worse is the conflicting information, some people make it sound as though getting into Med school is the trial of a lifetime, and some make it sound as though if you stick college out and get good grades you'll basically be OK. Who do you believe? This contributes considerably to my bipolar med school feelings of "I'll be fine / I'll never go anywhere!"

"When one man, for whatever reason, has the opportunity to lead an extraordinary life, he has no right to keep it to himself." -- Jacques Cousteau

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!