× General Discussion

Am I insane????

More
17 years 3 months ago #13031 by perle
Keep the kid and dump the husband.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 3 months ago #13032 by Sethina1
I'd like to refer you all to this post regarding this issue... http://www.mommd.com/cgi-bin/ubb-cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=0000 66

Sadly, she had a miscarriage.

Thanks,

Sethina

More
17 years 3 months ago #13033 by babydoc
Hi - for one minute, forget about med school, that does not sound like your key "issue" - it actually sounds like your husband's inflexibility is the prime issue. You said the baby wasn't planned, but do you want it and he doesn't?? This may be a hard question to ask yourself. Having a baby in OR out of med school requires a lot of support and is he up to this challenge? Obviously on a site like this, no one is going to tell you to have an abortion, nor am I even suggesting it, but it sounds like you need to figure out your family values first before your career can be a success. MANY women have babies during med school and most medical schools are very supportive - but in a new city without a spouse or family?? Think long-term. A one year deferral may be the best choice of all, especially if you can afford it, because then you can find a support system in your new city and feel much more confident once you start school.
Good luck!

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!