× General Discussion

Plastic Surgery - Would You, Have you?

More
7 years 4 days ago #87761 by Baby Einstein
I had laser hair removal. Best thing I ever did for myself. Such a timesaver too!

Pregnancy was gentle on me (and not because of exercise or healthy eating, just because of luck and good genes) except on the sisters, but I'm too scared to do anything about it. I'll settle with a good bra ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #87860 by megboo

niash wrote: I just woke up at 4:30AM so I could go for a run. I am 44 yrs old. i.e, no spring chicken. I had a c-section 5 yrs ago, had a lot of complications too. I was on bed rest with placenta previa for 2 months before the delivery. But I only gained 22 lbs and started running at the 6 wk mark post-surgery with the baby in the stroller (I even breastfed behind the trees when the baby cried, LOL). While there are minor changes to my body after the surgery, nothing that would glare at me. Or perhaps my OB did an excellent job of approximating the abdominal muscles.I am sure this all changes after the 2nd and 3rd pregnancy. I would not know that part. I am an exercise-junkie and that seems to have taken care of it for me.

Good for you. But not everyone has the DNA you have or the pregnancy you had.

I was overweight to begin with in teh pregnancy (some, not horribly), but 2 months of bedrest at the end and fluid retention to beat the band with pre-eclampsia helped me gain weight. I've lost a lot of it (about 70 lbs so far), but that doesn't mean I don't have permanently saggy skin. I also had some diastasis as well. I'd like to have another child, and there's no guarantee I won't end up on bed rest again.

And the "hip spread" is very painful for me. 1 year later I still have issues with it. It might also be partly from losing weight and having a modified gait with that, but it's not comfortable at all.

"Some of it's magic and some of it's tragic but I had a good life all the way."<br />- He Went to Paris by Jimmy Buffett
Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by .

More
6 years 11 months ago #87920 by nbp
I don't think I have diastasis, but I do have extra skin on my tummy from stretching during pregnancy. I'm at prepregnancy weight and when I lay down my belly is concave, but it protrudes when I stand and am not consciously holding it in, and I get a real bump after eating a large meal. I wish there was some way to make it go away short of surgery!
Last Edit: by .

More
6 years 11 months ago #87929 by clee03m
I notice this also. Skin is not too bad, but a little bit of gas or large meal, and I look 6 months pregnant! A general surgeon I work with says my umbilical hernia is probably here to stay as well. What am I going to look like if I have another one??!!

More
6 years 11 months ago #88124 by Twinks

clee03m wrote: Tummy tuck scars are fugly. Just saying.

Twin skin is fugly too. So when I needed my TAH/BSO I decided it was just as easy to have the plastic surgeon close me as my GYN! I've never regretted it.

The years are short but the days are long.

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!