× General Discussion

TTC post Mirena IUD

More
11 years 8 months ago #15386 by medstudent24
I was wondering if anyone had a Mirena IUD removed and how long it took to get pregnant?

I had mine taken out March 12, 2008 and bled for 5 days. I had a right ovarian mass removed and decided that I should take the IUD out with the surgery. Of course most ovarian masses in young adults are benign but I couldn't help but worry about all the horrible rare possiblities.

My husband and I decided to start trying because you never know what life may bring and I couldn't bear the thought of not being able to have kids. Everything turned out great. I had a 8cm x 8cm x 5cm corpus leuteal cyst, kept my ovary, and recovered quickly. My doc told me I could start trying immediately.

I hope I get prego soon because having a baby over Christmas Break and taking off my 1st rotation in Jan for 3rd year would be ideal. My school is family friendly so I think working around my schedule should be okay, but I am kind of worried about being pregnant and having my first baby in the midst of 3rd year, but when I think about how scared I was about not being able to have children, I just have to let the natural OCD personality of a medical student go away and let everything be God's will. It is so much easier said than done. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #15387 by Baby Einstein
Hey, just got mine in a few weeks ago and not ready to TTC any time soon, but I have a friend who just got pregnant after taking hers out. She got it out 3 cycles in advance of when she planned to start trying, and got pregnant on the second cycle of TTC. She has never had any fertility issues though, luckily (this is her 4th and the other 3 were first or second cycle babies).

I do remember reading in the insert that studies showed an immediate return to fertility (no different from women who had never been on any birth control, I believe). I also remember reading of ovarian cysts being a relatively frequent complication.

Good luck! Have fun trying :D

More
11 years 8 months ago #15388 by Drey
I just got one too, about 2 months ago. I talked to my OB about it and he said women usually can conceive just like coming off birth control pills. Slightly different for each woman, but I was pregnant month # 3 after stopping my monophasic OCPs.

If you're worried about it, try tracking ovulation. Then at least you'll know if you're ovulating or not. I hear that Fertility Friend is a good website, and you can be as OCD as you want about temperature charting and cervical mucous checks.

More
11 years 8 months ago #15389 by ohmd2b
i don't have any advice on the IUD - but i am also trying to have a little one around jan of 3rd year - so i understand that part of it!!

good luck!

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!