× General Discussion

What's your exercise routine?

More
14 years 5 months ago #15719 by Eli
As I posted before, I am gaining weight due to MCAT stress :mad: and as I was advissed, between healthier snacks and a nice work-out, I should go back to super-sexy again :rolleyes: ...not post 30 anyway.
So what is your routine like. I really feel like I do not have time to brush my hair sometimes, how do you do it, w/ kids cooking/cleaning/the bigger kid (hubby)... I truly believe that once I start I will feel lots of energy throughout the day and less sleepy while I'm studying (one of the eating reasons). I used to tape Gilad and exercised while the baby was sleeping...now the babies are toddlers, and sleep very little. This is the time I now use to study.
Any suggestions?

"The strength of our present state of mind will always be the master of our destiny" Bhante Wimala

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #15720 by MelissaGray
I go and work out early in the morning before my family is up. The place I go to opens a 6 (I'd go a bit earlier if they were open), so I get there right then & that gives me about 45 mins to work out. I spend most of that time doing cardio (elliptical & bike) and the rest doing some light weights.

More
14 years 5 months ago #15721 by residentmom
I'm sorry, my WHAT? :laughing:
No way I am getting up any earlier or staying up any later. I try to walk a few minutes with the kids a couple times a week, but the oldest wants to push the stroller, so this is not a heart pumping pace. At least I feel like I see the sky once in a while. ;)

ResidentMom<br /><br />"If you bungle raising your children, I don't think whatever else you do well matters very much." --Jackie O.

More
14 years 5 months ago #15722 by finallydoc
residentmon - I suggest you get a pedometer. I read somewhere that 10,000 steps a day is what is needed for good health. I am going to bet that with all the running around you do at the hospital you ARE getting enough exercise everyday!

My exercise routine consists of taking the stairs instead of the elevator, touring the hospital several times a day in the course of my work day and playing with my kids a little bit everyday. If that's not enough that's too bed because I feel that sleep is also important for good health and I sure don't get enough of that. :tired:

More
14 years 5 months ago #15723 by Doc201X
I walk to the shuttle stop, catch the metro, and ALWAYS take the stairs. I also carry a pedometer on my waist and make sure I get the steps I need to walk at least a mile every day.

Now if I could commit myself to doing crunches! :D

My Scientist/Physician Journey
www.Doc201X.blogspot.com

More
14 years 5 months ago #15724 by Button
It has been my experience that once I entered my thirties, walking for fitness was just NOT enough to maintain a healthy weight (especially with our busy, crappy diets in the USA).

I exercise 4-5 times a week for 30-60 minutes. Mornings are best to just get it out of the way. Sometimes I go at night. I gave up on the gym. It was too expensive, too crowded, too full of skinny young people and too inconvenient. I wake up, brush my teeth and hair, throw on my shorts and tennis shoes and run out of the house before I have time to talk myself out of it with my endless task lists and excuses.

Mix it up or you will burn out!!!! I jog, hike, bike, jump rope, take step aerobics, swim, weights ---whatever sounds good when I wake up in the morning. It helps my whole day by increasing my energy and helping me fight stress/depression.

Home videos are great for lazy days, kid watching or bad weather. Billy Blanks Tae Bo is good or Carmen Electra's Aerobic Strip Tease is fun (even though I think I look like a goof ball, my fiance loves it!)

Oprah and her trainer have some good books and advice for healthy fitness programs. I also like the book "French Women Don't Get Fat" for all kinds of healthy tips especially for people who can't exercise much.

Your husband can watch the kids for an hour a day so you can exercise. You will enjoy the time to yourself. Good Luck!

Time to create page: 0.206 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!