× General Discussion

What's your exercise routine?

More
14 years 5 months ago #15731 by Gene Queen
Be careful snacking on raisins and nuts, they have lots of calories!

Probably better for snacking are things like berries, carrots, celery... things with such minimal calories that it would be really hard to overeat.

When you really look into the calories in what you eat, you may be shocked at what you find.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #15732 by weirdo
Forgot to mention that I've found oranges to be a good study snack if you're not on the low-carb kick. The citrus smell and taste really wakes me up when I get bored and sleepy with whatever I'm reading. Also, b/c peeling them takes more effort than opening a bag of chips, and being the lazy-ass that I am, I'm only likely to eat one.

More
14 years 5 months ago #15733 by rs4
sign up at the Y, meet with a personal trainer, then don't get back there for 2 months...that's my plan and I'm stickin' to it :D i do walk and integrate some yoga into my day to day routine

More
14 years 5 months ago #15734 by residentmom
Now THAT is the kind of routine I can get on board with! :rotfl:

ResidentMom<br /><br />"If you bungle raising your children, I don't think whatever else you do well matters very much." --Jackie O.

More
14 years 5 months ago #15735 by UCLABruin
In the morning, I work out at the gym, 35 minutes on the elliptical followed by 25 minutes on the stationary bike. I also walk quite a bit during the day (to, from, and on campus). Hopefully I can keep it up next year in med school. :)

More
14 years 5 months ago #15736 by double elle
I get up at 4am when I have to be at the hospital early. If not, I get up at 4:30 or 5am. I give myself 15 min or so to wake up then I jump on the treadmill. I've started watching the TV series DVD's. I've been thru ALIAS seasons 1-3, 24 seasons 1, 2, and now on 3. It's awesome to have an action packed show to watch every morning. I've enjoyed 24 more so than alias. It gets to were I have to MAKE myself get off the treadmill and RATION myself to only 1 episode per day.

I've also just started spinning classes a few times a week to add a little variety. In addition, I've begun to run with at least a 2.5-3.0 incline. I only run 3 miles/morning because it's really all I have time for. I do weights and abs some mornings if I have extra time, or on the weekends.

When it's nice outside in the evenings, I will go for a run with my toddler in the jogging stroller.

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!