× General Discussion

What's your exercise routine?

More
14 years 4 months ago #15737 by Button
double elle ---I like the TV series DVD idea! That sounds better than watching the news repeat itself over and over in the morning.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #15738 by doctorjoy
My workout routine is 1 hour of yoga in the morning and 3x/week at the gym for 2 hours. This is the best way I know how to relieve the stress of studying for the MCAT. :D It is a plus because the kids are gone for the summer :yes: :yes:

More
14 years 4 months ago #15739 by amhunt
Whatever you do, do what you LOVE - that way you will do it more frequently and with more fervor. I just finished my first year and feeling like a sloth after three weeks of studying in the same room, I started roller blading again. As a kid all I did was roller skate (a true 70s girl). Now, even my kids want to get out there with me - trouble is they can't keep up! :goodvibes:

double elle: If you missed HBOs Sex in the City (and the kids are still in bed while you treadmill), I would recommend catching the DVDs of it now!

medicine is a science of integrity and committment

More
14 years 4 months ago #15740 by TexasRose
I hired a personal trainer in February. :blush: I had to do something because school and family were taking up all my time and energy and I was gaining weight. I tried getting back into exercise routines on my own, but kept getting sidetracked. My trainer helped me get a good weightlifting routine going for 1 hour twice a week and then I do 3-4 hours of cardio on my own each week.

I've started running (read: slow jog!) to burn more calories in the time that I have. I've discovered that the exercise does wonders for my mood, attitude, and stamina for studying. :yes: That alone makes it all worthwhile!

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you."

More
14 years 4 months ago #15741 by Eli
wow, what a bunch of fit women you all are!

I think its time to save up for a tread mill, I am really loving DoubleElle's strategy. For the last couple of months I haven't been able to watch any of my shows, so this would be great. I just hope the 5AM thing works...I'm not a morning person. I have tried it before but now I have a TV show insentive, maybe that will do...I love tv :D

As far as the eating while studying, I have almost given that up. After a small snack/coffee if I feel the need I chew gum. I might as well, eating will actually take away my concentration and energy to study better...you know the parasypathetic/symp. rest/digest, fight/flight thing. I figure if I'm eating I'm relaxing and therefore not on my toes and think as sharp!

Thank you all so much, lets see how my husband will take the new idea of spending some more money we don't have ;)

"The strength of our present state of mind will always be the master of our destiny" Bhante Wimala

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!