× General Discussion

dating and single moms

More
11 years 7 months ago #16141 by twinkle
*sigh* so i've probably touched upon this subject before but how do single moms date?? it is so difficult to balance. i'm in a place where i don't think my kids should know about my "other" life just yet...but as much as my boyfriend is understanding, it definitely puts a strain on things because we aren't a part of each others lives as much as couples usually are...

any tips? help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #16142 by CosmoC
I remarried 2 yrs ago and remember going through the process of trying to figure out when would be the best time for us to introduce each other to the other's kids. I think we had dated for almost 6 months when we felt like there was enough trust and commitment to include our kids in our relationship. If you don't feel like it's the right thing to do just yet, don't do it... good luck!

More
11 years 7 months ago #16143 by twinkle
thanks cosmo! so does your new hubby also have kids too? were your kids relatively young?

More
11 years 7 months ago #16144 by CosmoC
Sorry twinkle, haven't meant to be rude by not replying, just noted your response- tells you how well organized and focused I am nowadays : )
I have 2 stepsons who are now 8 and 10 and my daughter is 8 so they were 7,7, and 9 when we first got together. My husband met my daughter fairly early on since she would be there if he picked me up and I met his kids a few months later. That part went fairly well but of course, stepparenting is it's own set of struggles....

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!