× General Discussion

Silly topic - what is your favorite word?

More
14 years 8 months ago #2157 by Angie O'Plasty

Originally posted by shelby2000:
Sunshine is my all time favorite word. :goodvibes:

Sorry to get off the subject, but my friends think it is hilarious that my least favorite words are "panties," "ointment," and "moist." I would rather say underwear or drawers :D , cream or damp. I know, nothing sounds sillier than, "Gosh Beth, your chocolate cake tastes so yummy and damp."

That's pretty funny! I'm not a big fan of the word "panties" myself--I usually just call them underwear! As far as "damp" instead of "moist", I'd have to say I agree with you about how silly it sounds in the chocolate cake example. It sounds icky. (Icky...that's another good word, just because it's so descriptive). On a semi-related note, isn't "ipecac" amusing? The pronunciation reminds one of the sound of retching, which is quite appropriate given what ipecac is for. Anyway, enough of my random rambling.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #2158 by Popcorn
Continuum is a pretty cool word. We tried to work it into the research paper that my research partner and I just finished... but it will probably get edited out. (Along with our original conclusion, the entire context being: "Fo shizzel my nizzel, IPV blows. Yo.") But since J Acad Med probably wouldn't accept that, we wrote a real one.

Ok, so we were up late, and it was our first real manuscript. :) And we just wanted to get the thing done with. But our PI has it now and we should be published before the end of the year. :cloud9:

...hopefully with the word "continuum" intact.

I also like "copacetic" - because it reminds me of one of my favorite charge nurses from way back, a firey redhead who was a buddhist -and could swear like a sailor- and used the word a lot.

I just love words. :)
Danielle

More
14 years 8 months ago #2159 by merri
Pois chiche - said pwa sheesh (French for chick peas) -- just sounds cool.

on the medical side of things... I love the word asterixis.

words are my buds...

More
14 years 8 months ago #2160 by megboo
"Free!" always gets my pulse going, similar to "Sale!", and then the phrase "I love you" is great too....

Meg

"Some of it's magic and some of it's tragic but I had a good life all the way."<br />- He Went to Paris by Jimmy Buffett

More
14 years 7 months ago #2161 by DrSAHM
I love 'discombobulated'!
Now I have probably spelt it wrong but a Canadian friend I used to work with used it often to describe her day - and now with a 2 yr old I use it to describe mine quite often as well. :rotfl:

Time to create page: 0.229 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!