× General Discussion

Career options for licensed physician who is no longer board eligble

More
6 months 1 week ago #140810 by LH
I'm new to Mommd and wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions for a licensed pediatrician who is no longer board eligible (didn't pass the board exam on several attempts)? I completed general pediatric residency and have been practicing for 8 years and I'm not willing or interested in going back to residency for 6 months to become board eligible again. I don't enjoy clinical medicine and haven't for many years. I want out and have been trying for several years without success.

I am currently working part time as a locum tenens ( I have tried CenseoHealth doing the home health exams and I didn't like it). I know I don't want to be involved in direct patient care and have looked into finding work with an EHR/EMR company (Epic, Cerner, Athenahealth) working on the clinical content (designing order sets, templates, etc tailored to physicians) or as a trainer (I actually like working in the EMRs) but haven't heard back from any of applications I have submitted. I feel like you always hear that as a physician everyone is looking to hire you but that's not what my experience has been.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!