× General Discussion

Hello from an Australian

More
6 months 1 week ago - 4 months 2 weeks ago #141053 by bellamabel2018
Hi there everyone!

My name is Claire and I am apparently the newest member here! I'm a first year medical student at Monash University in Melbourne, and I just wanted to say a very big hello to all of you! Like all Australian medical students (we call ourselves 'meddies' here)- we start a 5 or 6 year undergraduate course straight after graduating from high school- I'm pretty young by international standards. In fact, I'm turning 19 on Monday, but I'm not the youngest- a couple of students in our first year class of 220 are still waiting to turn 18! So far I'm enjoying the challenging experience of being a medical student far away from home- I'm studying here in melbourne but I actually live in North Queensland, in a sunny tourist town calles Cairns. So far, the greatest challenges have been adjusting to a temperate climate and learning to cope with cadavic dissection (discovering that I am latex sensitive didn't help very much!).

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to being a part of your community. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

P.S. Am I the only Australian here so far, or do I have company?
Last Edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by bellamabel2018.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 1 day ago #141057 by sahmd
Welcome, Claire! I guess there aren't any other Aussies here, but I've been to Melbourne and Cairns...does that count? :) Cadavers are pretty awful, but I'm sure you will learn a lot. Good luck in medical school!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!