× General Discussion

What are you reading now?

More
14 years 3 months ago #4460 by Empi
I recently read the Mermaid Chair. It is good in a different way from Secret Life of Bees. I liked Bees much better but Mermaid is a good read for a middle-aged woman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #4461 by EM mom
I highly recommend "My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Piccoult. One of the best books I've read ever!
EM mom

More
14 years 2 months ago #4462 by Laramisa
Right now I'm reading 'The spirit comes and then you fall down', which is about a Hmong girl with epilepsy and the misunderstandings between the American doctors treating her and her family (who don't speak English) and culture clash of western style treatments vs traditional Hmong medicine.
Just finished 'Harry Potter 6' and 'The magic cancer bullet' about the development of gleevec, the cancer treatment based on tyrosine kinase inhibition.

More
14 years 2 months ago #4463 by biohazard08
I love theh question!!!! I myself read to get away from some stress.

At the moment, I am reading two books, I, Elizabeth is a historical fiction on the life of Elizabeth Tudor. I am also reading The World is Flat by Thomas Friedman. This book is an interesting non-fiction of how technology is affecting the world and cultures. I highly suggest the latter!!!!

More
14 years 2 months ago #4464 by mommd2b
:laughing: What am I reading?

Hey..at this point, if it isn't something I can finish in a 3 minute trip to the bathroom spent with a toddler banging on the door to be let in..I can't read it.

kris

In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer.

More
14 years 2 months ago #4465 by Drey
I am reading "A Woman's Journey to God" by Joan Borysenko. It talks about how many women find it difficult to connect with the three major patriarchal religions, and how women can find their own path. As a card-carrying atheist, I'm still finding it extremely interesting. I highly reccomend it.

Also, to Setzer, who is reading Ishmael, stick with it, that book is really eye-opening. "The Story of B", also by Daniel Quinn, is a bit more straight forward and along the same lines if you want to try that one first.

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!