× General Discussion

"Mommy" feelings...

More
15 years 4 months ago #5524 by rhlmdmph2b
Hi ladies...I'm 26 years old with no kids, but I'm starting to have those "mommy" feelings. I used to be completely against the thought of a baby...NOW, I see babies and just think they're great!! It doesn't annoy me when they scream and I love to babysit my niece..even though she wrecks my house!!! I all of a sudden had the desire to stop relaxing my hair five months ago, I stopped drinking anything but water, I started eating much healthier, started taking vitamins, and am continuing to exercise...All things people preparing to have a baby would do!! Did anyone else have these feelings right before they had their first child?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago #5525 by bj
I don't know about right before having a first child, but I started doing the same kinds of things this past year. Babies are just so magical--I don't seem to notice when they scream or poop or do anything the least bit unseemly. I even stopped drinking the tiniest alcohol a while ago "just in case"...hmmm...now that you mention it is DOES sound a little preparatory doesn't it? :)

bj

More
15 years 3 months ago #5526 by Doc201X

Originally posted by rhlmdmph2b:
I all of a sudden had the desire to stop relaxing my hair five months ago, I stopped drinking anything but water, I started eating much healthier, started taking vitamins, and am continuing to exercise...All things people preparing to have a baby would do!!

I remember these feelings!!! This is called "nesting" very similar to what birds and panda bears do when a baby is on the way! ( I know, strange analogy!). Are you SURE you not a mommy-to-be right now? :rotfl:

I'm having mommy feelings too and I've been having them on a regular basis since my daughter started grade school 2 years ago. She's just plain sick of me kissing her all the tme and would really like a substitute sometimes!

So as soon as the "I do's" are done (again :p ), it's off to the bedroom for me!

My Scientist/Physician Journey
www.Doc201X.blogspot.com

More
15 years 3 months ago #5527 by rhlmdmph2b
Thanks you guys for replying. I thought this message was dead!! Path..you are silly, girl! No I don't have one on the way, but I have been doing all these weird things, though. Babies are too cute now whereas before I could not stand to hear them cry. OOOOOHHH my goodness...What's happening to me? I'm about to go to med school!! I can't have a little baby!!! UGGGHHHHHH!!!

More
15 years 3 months ago #5528 by drsoon
I completely understand.
I'm only now with the right guy for baby-making, but through my twenties I seemed to hit a nesting cycle every three years or so. From party girl to "Sure I'll hold the baby-girl" in 30 seconds flat!
I think it's nature's way of making sure you stay interested in the idea of long term perpetuation of the species stuff. ;)

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!