× General Discussion

How/when did you meet your mate?

More
15 years 6 months ago #5572 by DrWuStar*
i met my fiance through a mutual friend post-college. i had broken off a relationship with someone else a few months earlier, and honestly, i expected he would be a short-term rebound sort of a thing. we dated on a pretty low-key level for a couple months. he wanted more, but i wanted none of it. i accepted a really exciting job offer far, far away, and thought that would be the end of things between us. but then maybe two weeks before i was scheduled to move overseas, i got this overwhelming feeling that as amazing as this job opportunity was, it was nothing compared to what i would be leaving behind. so i stayed, and fell SO in love. everyone thought i was crazy for letting the opportunity slip away, but i have never regretted it.

he is non-medical, but in a pretty demanding career. we are extremely supportive of each other's ambitions, but it is going to be a balancing act. we talk a lot about kids - when we will have them, what we are each willing to sacrifice, etc., and hopefully all the planning and honesty will pay off.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 6 months ago #5573 by DrWuStar*
and by the way sethina - you are a wild child!! :eek:

More
15 years 6 months ago #5574 by TexasRose
I met my husband at the beginning of my freshman year of college. Classes hadn't even started yet! :laughing: I was dragged down to the lounge on my dorm floor to play Pictionary and meet some other students. My hubby saw me (this is his version!) and decided to volunteer to be on my team! :o I thought he was really funny and good looking and smart too. He was a senior, visiting friends who still lived in the dorm.

Our first date was less than a week later and we've been together ever since. 13 years married, and 3 kids later, he's 100% gungho about me starting med school in July! :D

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you."

More
15 years 6 months ago #5575 by Yearstogo
My husband and I met in a community orchestra. Our positions were such for the first concert after I joined that we sat next to each other, and the rest is history. That orchestra is based in the medical community, but about half the people in it aren't medical. I highly recommend something like that for meeting someone with a common interest! We don't have a lot of chance to play now (both in training, have two little kids), but we do play together sometimes, and we hope to have a brass quintet after I finish third year. Also, hopefully our kids will be interested!

More
15 years 6 months ago #5576 by Doc201X
I also met my fiance' on-line and I have to say to all the single ladies out there, this is the BEST way to date. Yes I know, you could end up meeting a psycho, but that's why you do a criminal background search for about $9.99 :rotfl: .

Everyone is different, but what I learned in my failed marraige is that I needed to be with a man that was as ambitious as I am and had at least as much education. By screening on match.com, I was able to find just that plus a whole lot more. I met some absolutely fabulous people online!

My Scientist/Physician Journey
www.Doc201X.blogspot.com

More
15 years 6 months ago #5577 by **DONOTDELETE**
I met my guy when we were 14. He tried to date me all through high school but I wasnt ready to date him. 11 years later the table turned. We are now together. He is starting Medical school in the fall and he is the reaon I am thinking about it too. We are a lot a like, we have the same dreams, and goals. I hope to go to medical school in two years. I hope we can have children when we are 35!

Time to create page: 0.228 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!