× General Discussion

How/when did you meet your mate?

More
15 years 7 months ago #5578 by maggie52
Was sitting in the window seat of a plane headed for Pittsburgh and he took the middle seat due to another plane getting cancelled- heard his accent and Godtold me to talk to THIS MAN- I DID...now we're married...As an aside...

dating another med student is OK in school but wouldnt have been OK long term most likely

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 7 months ago #5579 by StartingOver
I'm not married, but I've had a boyfriend for 5 years. He supports my decision to pursue medical school. I've only just begun my premed journey so who knows if we'll make it through this! I hope so.

Anyways, we met through my appt. complex, which has a lot of co-ed sports teams. We met playing co-ed volleyball and we started hanging out together. We were friends for a whole year before he got up the nerve to confess he liked me and ask me out! I actually always thought of him as a friend, but when he asked me out, my heart just melted. I found that I couldn't say "no" so although that first date or two was initially awkward, we just slide right into being a couple. Because we were such good friends, we already knew each other so well.

Also, I second that notion about the quiet guys! My BF is quiet and not someone you would notice walking into a room, but he grows on you if you get to know him. He's a web developer/software engineer by day and "starving artist" by night. (I call him a "starving artist" b/c he has a creative side and likes to write short stories, but also likes computers and needs something to pay the bills).

Love,
Stacy

More
15 years 7 months ago #5580 by rs4
well, I was in my very fetching certified navy twill uniform(a nasty, synthetic fiber) and lovely black oxfords working in the ER, oh, with my hair in a BUN...he and some flyboy buddies came by scamming for nurses and met my gregarious rmmate(the nurse) and she brought them by to see me in the ER....my sweetie asked me out after gregarious rmmate said "she's always reading" as a bit of a put down....I initially said no because of flyboys reputations....

flyboys ended up being protective of "their doc" and were afraid I was someone who picked up flyboys regularly and was too trashy!! also got called Mrs-his name- a couple times and got afraid that he wasn't actually divorced, but he was. He's a good guy and a catch for me even if he is occasionally "full of himself"!(quoting ladysurg). his schedule is the main complaint I have about our dual careers, and it makes career moves more complex

we talked about having kids on our second date, that was July, 1987. with navy stuff we got to fly a lot and see each other, some of it in the virgin islands....it was just a LITTLE bit more romantic than our lives now. :rotfl:

More
15 years 7 months ago #5581 by IsraeliGirl
I met mine in Coh-Pangan - a beautiful island in Thailand. I knew he was the one the first moment I saw him :blush: , but it took him more then a month of traveling together to cooperate...

We married 6 years later, after living together and traveling to South America for a year.

You can find your one everywhere, in class, work, the internet, or a blind date. He may even be someone you knew for a long time. Grate topic littleK, thanks!

More
15 years 7 months ago #5582 by **DONOTDELETE**
I met my fiance the week before medical school started.

I answered a flyer selling Anatomy books - he answered and we ending up chatting for an hour. He met me to sell me the books and we talked for another hour, then went out to dinner... 4 years later, I'm graduating med school, he's finishing his PGY2 year and we're engaged.

More
15 years 7 months ago #5583 by **DONOTDELETE**
I met my fiance the week before medical school started.

I answered a flyer selling Anatomy books - he answered and we ending up chatting for an hour. He met me to sell me the books and we talked for another hour, then went out to dinner... 4 years later, I'm graduating med school, he's finishing his PGY2 year and we're engaged.

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!