× General Discussion

How/when did you meet your mate?

More
16 years 9 months ago #5566 by LittleK
Anyone else care to comment? :yes: I love these stories!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 9 months ago #5567 by MomMD
Met a guy on the beach in Los Angeles in 1991 (on vacation from England). We kept in touch. I came back to LA in 1994 and he gave me the number for his English friend. I had it for 3 weeks. There was a rave in downtown LA and I needed a ride, my friend suggested I call the English guy, which I did. He said he'd pick me up, and he did (March 13th). We talked and got on like we'd known each other for years. We even found out we went to the same school in a small town in England. Initially I thought he would be a nice match for my friend as he wasn't my type at all! Well, May 28th (yes, less than 3 months later :eek: ) we were married in Vegas. Here we are 9 years and two kids later!! :D

Sethina

President, MomMD<br />Connecting Women in Medicine - Welcome all physicians, resident physicians, medical students and premedical students!

More
15 years 9 months ago #5568 by Doc201X
Bump! I'll add my story from match.com later! :p

My Scientist/Physician Journey
www.Doc201X.blogspot.com

More
15 years 9 months ago #5569 by Drey
Not married yet, but met my fiance in college because we both do a lot of the same activities. If you hear him tell it, I had to hunt him down and trap him. He's also one of those charming quiet guys where the women have to take the initiative. I had a friend of mine that kept asking him to marry her (just jokingly) and he kept saying NO, but when I asked him the same question (also joking, we weren't even dating yet) he said maybe. :) When he finally proposed, he prefaced it with "So, we've established that I drive you nuts, right?"

He's very supportive of us moving accross the country for me to go to med school. He says that when I'm through school and residency, then HE gets to "take 7 years off." Fine by me! We want to have kids sometime soon, and I'd love to have a SAHD.

More
15 years 9 months ago #5570 by residentmom
Well, my husband is one of those you are apparently supposed to stay away from... he is in my class in med school. ;)

We met sophomore year in college playing whiffle ball of all things... he picked me for his team. :p

We married 3 weeks after graduation and moved to medical school together. I think it is awesome to have a husband who knows exactly what is going on with me, and who laughs at my medical jokes. :laughing: It is sometimes hard when we both have to work hard and there is a child care issue, but I think he has been wonderful in doing at least half (more lately!) of the work. He is so great with our son and so excited about our daughter... and now we are on to residency together (in different fields, thank goodness!).

ResidentMom<br /><br />"If you bungle raising your children, I don't think whatever else you do well matters very much." --Jackie O.

More
15 years 9 months ago #5571 by M-A
I'm not married but I live with my boyfriend. We knew each other in college, but he was also the quiet type and never talked to me! We didn't hook up until 2 years after we graduated. He finally talked to me and we fell in love very quickly. He is not in medicine, which is fine by me. We are both artists and inspire a lot in each other. He is very encouraging about my pursuit of medicine.

:rotfl:

Time to create page: 0.265 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!