× International

Anyone from UK (PRE-MED - PHYSICIANS)

More
13 years 8 months ago #71393 by koladoc
Hello everyone, just wondering if there's any mommd members from UK or anyone practising/at school here.

I can do all things through christ who strengthens me!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #71394 by MomMD
There are quite a few, although rather quiet. I am the founder and I am 1st year medic.

President, MomMD<br />Connecting Women in Medicine - Welcome all physicians, resident physicians, medical students and premedical students!

More
13 years 8 months ago #71395 by koladoc
Hi Sedwards,
Good to hear from someone from here, I was begining to think this site is more for US women in medicine.
it's also kind of difficult to relate certain hospital situations as things are done differently here compared to US. I know most topics cut across continents but when it comes to specifics people do not seem to understand what one is talking about :no: . I hope UK members will get more involved, and possibly with you here , they maybe more threads to do with UK medics :) . Thanks

I can do all things through christ who strengthens me!

More
13 years 8 months ago #71396 by MomMD
Yes, it is a US based site. Much of the name and content suits a US audience. Though, many of the same issues affect women physicians worldwide. I've longed to have a UK version but never seem to have the time to do it. We had the odd UK member, perhaps more could join and say hi. I will forward to the UK med mums I know!

President, MomMD<br />Connecting Women in Medicine - Welcome all physicians, resident physicians, medical students and premedical students!

More
13 years 8 months ago #71397 by gingerdoc
Hi there,

am a junior doctor practising in UK and been a member of mommd for a while now. It would really be great if we could have a UK version. the site is very useful and am pretty sure other UK meds would agree. Sethina , I can understand how impossible it's been for you to get extra time to run the UK version as well, I hope that while you progress through med school other med students will get interested in the site and also more of UK practice will become relevant to you as well and hopefully then we will have more threads suited for UK audience.
I will pass this on to all UK women in medicine that I know.

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!