× International

American MD living in Switzerland

More
11 years 4 months ago #71407 by swissmiss
Hi all - thought I would stop by and introduce myself in case there are other folks on here in Switzerland or close by. I'm a non-practicing MD, temporarily living in Switzerland with hubby and little dog. Look forward to hearing from others nearby!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #71408 by Fischli
Hello and welcome to switzerland!
I'm a resident living near zurich with my husband and two kids. I'm not working right now because I'm taking a family break.
After medschool I worked for two and a half years (surgery, anesthesia, geriatrics) until I got pregnant with my first child.
Where do you live and where do you come from?
Do you like it here so far?
It would be nice to here from you! liebe grüsse!

More
11 years 2 months ago #71409 by Sandiva
Hi Swissmiss! I am new to this site. I am a practicing family medicine doc in Chicago for 2 years now. I am currently in a position where I am contemplating moving to Zurich to be married to a Swiss native. I would, in turn, stop practicing medicine for a time being to raise a family or pursue other interests. How do you like Switzerland so far? If I end up moving to Switzerland, we should definitely meet up!

More
10 years 6 days ago #71905 by aaron hurowitz d
I am a retired US born and trained physician tutoring IMGS in Atlanta, GA. for the USMLES. please contact 404-909-6214 if any referrals from Switzerland.

More
9 years 11 months ago #72249 by Latifa
Hi there - welcome in Switzerland. Lived in Boston for 5 years (studying and working) returned 4 years ago, but I have to say it was great to study in the US as a slightly "older" or non-traditonal student. Nobody cared about me being older. In Switzerland I received so much negative feedback this being the reason why I went to the US. No I'm thinking to return to school to become a physican, this time I'm planning to go to Canada - for financial,budgeting reasons.
Anyway if you ever want to chat over a cup of coffee, that would be great - of course I could use some advice too - let me know (my phone is 079 615 6973) Cheers & enjoy it here:-)

More
9 years 2 months ago #76001 by AspringMD
Hello, I see that these posts are fairly old now, but I wondered if any one you have any advice or information you could share. I am an American currently living in Zurich but wanting to return to school to study medicine (as an older student). Ultimately, I would like to return to Europe (ideally Switzerland) and therefore wonder if you know what the regulations are for American-trained physicians to practice in Switzerland (or how I can find out). I am trying to get more information about studying in Switzerland. It might be possible once I have a C permit but of course would have to become fluent in German, and I believe the entrance exam is rather difficult. The other question is whether a foreign-trained physician (though American citizen) could easily return to the US to practice. If you have any thoughts, I would love to hear them. Many thanks!

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!