× Introductions & Connections

Welcome to MomMD! - Introduce yourself!

More
6 years 7 months ago #79401 by joyfulMD
Hello all! I have been lurking for quite some time, and am finally ready to 'come out' :-) I am 24, no kids, single but in a serious relationship that is about to become long-distance again. I have been accepted to medical school for the class of 2015, can't wait to get started! I am currently working full-time on a multi-site international study, assisting the leadership team with documentation and miscellaneous operations.

I have always wanted to have children, since I was one myself, and I have also wanted to have the kind of career that is my identity. Possible? It was for my dad, so why not for me. As my profile name suggests, one of my main goals is to maintain joie de vivre while I pursue what I am sure is a challenging path.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #79739 by neomom
Howdy ladies! I am new to this forum, but really like what I see so far. What a great resource and place of support for what I believe are two of the toughest jobs in the world: being a mom and being a doc!
I am a first year neonatal-perinatal medicine fellow. I am married to the love of my life that I met when we were in med school. He's now an ER attending. Our first baby will be 8 months old tomorrow. It's been a wild ride over the last year, but I wouldn't change a single moment of it!

More
6 years 6 months ago #80032 by Sunday7
Hi! I'm a pre-med student in Iowa. This site is great. I absolutely love the idea of having women connect to build up, help, and strengthen eachother in medicine or any other field for that matter ;)

Aahhh It makes me feel better about the path God chose for me :) DIFFICULT! But at least it's humane and all about caring.

More
6 years 3 months ago #81386 by Omsmom
Hi Ladies

I'm alone in the US, family all abroad, and I'm divorced with a seven-year-old.

I took a leave of absence in March 2011 from my M1 year, but because I live it and love it I'm going back in a week and a half to retake M1 year.

I have an awesome faculty advisor, but I guess I need some mentors from this incredible bunch of gals...(I've lurked for years, but now I need to make some connections!!)

If any of you have time and stamina to mentor me through what's going to be the toughest year of my life, this is the time to speak up. I have nothing but respect for every woman on this board, and I really need me some role models!

Thanks, and best wishes,

OMSMom.

More
6 years 2 months ago #81633 by kduck
Hello all! I'm a long time lurker, but first time poster. I'm a pre-med student in my senior year of college, currently going through the application process and weighing all my options! This site has already been so helpful for educating me on individuals' experiences with medicine.

More
6 years 1 month ago #82438 by Endlady
Hello to all !
I am new to this forum, but have been lurking for a little while. I am a part time endocrinologist with 2 kids, one with special needs, married to an internist, living in the South- needless to say life is intensely insane. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!