× Introductions & Connections

Welcome to MomMD! - Introduce yourself!

More
8 years 1 month ago #75788 by touchadream
With my last one in college, and having heard the riff so many times about sacrificing income for family, there are things that can be done that I would say 99% of physician groups don't know about. I am guessing that, depending on what your spouse? does, tax is your biggest ticket budget item, and will be soon for these younger doctors. On my bandwagon, I know, but women doctors work so hard, they shouldn't have to give up "income" and should keep a LOT more of what they earn. Your group is a good size to find the losses and stop some bleeding. PM me for ideas, if you like, and kudos for giving back here.

Married 29 yrs to neuroradiologist,sister, brother, dad MDs. Tax financial consulting attorney.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #78203 by ERmdmom
Hello MomMDs! I have lurked for years and years, turning to this site for advice at each stage of the game. I feel like I have finally arrived. I am 33, have two kids aged 5 and 2.5, been married for 9 years to a surgeon (saw him all the way through from med school, residency and fellowship). I finished EM residency and am working extremely part time at the moment, enjoying time with the kids and trying to feel balanced again. EM is so perfect for working part time and keeping flexible-- as long as I don't have to be the major breadwinner. I've said since med school that a full time EM career can be really tough and difficult to sustain over the years. I plan to add shifts in a few months because I do like to go to work and it really keeps me sane (as long as I don't do it too much!).

More
7 years 7 months ago #78398 by ENTlady
Hello, so glad to have found this site! Hearing everyone's stories is helping me as I am at a crossroads at this point. Have been married for 2 years and now wanting to start a family but still in residency (ENT surgery) and considering a fellowship too. Not sure how to make it all work, especially with a surgical subspecialty. Both my husband and I had SAHMs, so we have high expectations for how involved we should be in our kids lives, he doesn't even want to have a nanny at all. I would love to hear how others handled pregnancy in residency, and especially from any of you out there in a surgical field since I know a lot of Peds and OB programs have moved towards being more family friendly, still not quite happening in the more "boys club" specialties. Thanks!

More
7 years 7 months ago #78484 by Ximena
Hello there;
I am a foreign medical graduate who just 2 weeks ago applied for USMLE 1. I am marry to IM hospitalist and we have a 5 y.o girl. I am looking for suggestions on how to go through all the process and specially for encouragement to continue. Thank you. A

More
7 years 6 months ago #78764 by kpzr/9145
I am a mom to two boys, aged 10 and 13, and I have been married for 18 years. I am also a pediatrician. I have worked hard to find balance in my life. Do I "have it all?" Sometimes I feel like I do, other times I feel like there is no such thing. I practice half time right now. I am also a Cub Scout Den leader, for the fifth year now! I have enjoyed so much the support that this site offers. I also have loved hearing other women's stories and concerns and offering help and perspective (hopefully!) to others. Keep up the good work, Mommd!

kpzr

More
7 years 6 months ago #78933 by McPhersonDO
Greetings! I am new to mommd, but happy to find it! I am a 2nd year medical student at a DO school in Florida and am recently pregnant. At 29, I didn't feel like I could afford to wait till I was done with residency, so my husband and I decided to start our family now.

I am planning to go into Emergency Medicine. I had already fallen in love with it before I realized how relatively convenient it can be for a mom, allowing for part-time work. Hopefully, I'll be able to work fewer hours while my children are young and spend more time with them.

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.287 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!