× Introductions & Connections

Welcome to MomMD! - Introduce yourself!

More
3 years 8 months ago #94038 by Crna2md/do
Hello All,
I am a Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) now going on 7 yrs. An active duty Army husband, one 4 yr old daughter and well now 9 mos pregnant,, girl, and i finally finally managed to take my MCAT in April. It has been a very long soul searching road of should I just be content with this amazing profession of mine which everyone seems to say; always the Docs, or really go for my deep rooted love of studying and having all that clinical knowledge. It sounds cheesy but its true. Don't get me wrong, I studied long and hard for my Masters but there has been this nagging desire for me to be on the other side.
I have to be honest though, my scores will probably suck being that I was pregnant throughout my MCAT studying . You remember the exhaustion and the baby brain. My husband saw how depressed I had become from not being able to give it my all so next year I am getting a tutor. I am determined to at least try to say that I have no regrets. Thanks. And are there any past CRNAs here that have encountered this, would love a reply to know that i am not off my rocker.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #94185 by asunshine
Hi CRNA, I had a similar (but not exactly the same) path as you. I am SO glad I went into medicine. At the same time, you have to do it because you love to learn and love to take care of patients, because otherwise it's easy to get jaded and overwhelmed by the debt and massive training required. Your family (and you!) will make a lot of sacrifices for your career over the next decade(s).

It would be very hard to go from advanced practice RN with a good salary and good hours to the bottom of the totem pole, studying/working your butt off night and day (trust me, nursing does NOT give you much of an advantage in the basic science years--most of your classmates will be top students with science degrees).

Study hard for that MCAT, and I hope you rock it! PM me if you want to talk in more detail.

More
3 years 7 months ago #94493 by aurie21
Hi, Im an Undergrad currently majoring in Psychology. I am supposed to graduate Fall 2015. However, recently, I have become interested in the medical field. So now I'm thinking about double majoring in general science and psych in order to meet those pre-med requirements. In doing so, I would be pushing graduation back to Summer 2016. I have so many questions. I know I need to shadow someone in the medical field, but I would like to hear some of you all's experiences.

More
3 years 6 months ago #94673 by Crna2md/do
Well to reply or follow up. I received my embarassing scores and needless to say I would not make an MD/DO with those scores. It's funny how much persoective I gained when I got my scores. A new drive arose within me to study harder. I enrolled in Dr Flowers MCAT & I actually feel a difference, not only in my conviction but my outlook on studying. I am excited to retake this beast and prove to myself that I can and will become a physician ;)

More
3 years 2 months ago #95316 by PaulWalker
Hi,

I am paulina Walker... I am working as a practice marketing consultant.

Thanks,

More
1 year 11 months ago #96281 by angelaerin
Hi,
Myself angelaerin,am 23 years old and working in corporate field. am happy to know you all here.

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.266 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!