× Introductions & Connections

Hello!

More
7 years 10 months ago #83536 by cloudlessskies
Hi everyone,

I posted a brief intro almost 3 years ago but have not really been here since then. Just wanted to introduce myself again and say hi. I hope to be on these forums regularly!

Starting this fall, I will be attending medical school. I graduated from college almost 8 years ago and will be 30 turning 31 when I start school. I've wanted to be a physician since I was in high school but for various reasons, I didn't pursue my goal until a few years ago. I did my post-bac a couple years ago, took the MCAT last year when I was 6 months pregnant and had my baby girl 4 months ago. It's been a wild ride of post-bac, MCAT while being pregnant and working full-time, giving birth and going on interviews a few weeks after, etc. Today, I am so thankful that I have acceptances that I can deliberate between and so thankful that all of this is actually happening.

I sometimes go through moments of extreme anxiety and have thoughts of whether I'm crazy to go through medical school when my child is young and if my plans on having more children during medical school are ridiculous but those are few and far between compared to the moments of enthusiasm and excitement that I feel when I think about going back to school and get this started!

Like many other moms on this forum, I too, struggle with the work life/medical school mom thing but I hope to emerge from it successfully with the support of my family, friends and new friends that I make.

I would love some advice on how to choose which medical school I should go to but will post that in another thread!

Looking forward!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #83716 by Johnsutan
Hi cloudlessskies..... I have recently joined this wonderful place with an intention to get knowledge by discussing on health related topics .

<a href=" dextertenisonfitness.com/ " rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Boot camp Memphis tn</a>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!