× Introductions & Connections

Introduction

More
6 years 4 months ago #85779 by CGMATEO
Oh where to begin with introductions...

I am a 29 year old wife and mother of a 8 year old and a "any day now" new baby! We kept the gender a surprise so I can't say baby girl or baby boy, so he/she will just be baby for now.

I have had a very lucrative career in the medical field as a lab technician and later in lab management, quality assurance, and regulatory affairs. Last year I decided that it was time for me to revisit a dream I put off a long time ago. The dream of becoming a doctor. Becoming a doctor was something I've always wanted to do, but got a bit distracted in college, hence the 8 year old. Now that life is relatively more stable, I'm ready to shake it all up again!

I graduated with a BA in Government and Psychology back in 2005 and obtained a AS in Clinical Lab Science through the military. Surprisingly it has been that AS degree that I've been able to leverage to get to where I am career wise. I've enjoyed what I've done over the years, but have always felt a void, as if I wasn't doing what I really loved and was meant to do.

So now I'm at the starting line with relatively no science courses, other than the clinical lab courses, to my name. I have a plan to complete all of my prereqs, but will not be doing it the Post Bac route. The only Post Bac in my area requires you to have the prereqs to apply and is more of a supplemental, GPA booster program. But I do wonder if I'm doing myself any good by just taking these courses on my own. Would I benefit from a post bac, or even obtaining a graduate level degree? I was recently accepted in a MPH program I am looking forward to completing. I'm just wondering if that will help me at all in this process.

So begins the journey...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #90241 by markedlee
Stop spamming
Last Edit: 5 years 4 months ago by .

More
5 years 4 months ago #90245 by southernmd
Are you a spambot markedlee? I'm watching you....

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!