× Introductions & Connections

Hello. Looking for a mentor and career advice

More
5 years 1 month ago #90895 by almoundy
Hello everyone. I am glad to have found this website and forum.

I graduated medical school in 2011 and started an IM residency in July of that year. Six months into residency I decided to resign because I was struggling with depression.

I am now better and would like to re-start my career. However, this time around I would like to pursue Pathology. I am currently applying to Pathology residencies. However, I am concerned about not matching because I did not do pathology rotations in medical school because I was focused on IM (which I know I no longer want to pursue as a career).

Also, I am open to pursuing a non-clinical career. However, I don't even know where to start. I enjoy medicine and learning about disease/disease processes, writing, and education. If I could but all these skills to use in a career, it would be awesome.

Finally, I want to add that my depression really changed my outlook on life. Before, I was all about work. Now, I want to have time to enjoy my life and family (I am married with no children...yet). Finding a career that allows for work/life balance is very important to me.

I thank you all in advance for any help and guidance.

- Al

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!