× Introductions & Connections

over 30s?

More
16 years 6 months ago #55686 by peacefuljourney
Hi.

I'm so glad to have connected to this site. I hope I can contribute some knowledge and find the encouragement I need too.

I just turned 35 and will be a foreign medical graduate. I'm a Canadian citizen, living in Slovakia (half of former Czechoslovakia), studying 2nd year medicine at Comenius University. My husband is in 3rd year medicine also here. This program is 6 years long (with pre-med wrapped in). My husband has BSc, MSc & MBA. I have my BAH & MBA.

We have 2 small children (ages 3 & 4) enrolled in the local pre-school and are very much on our own as our families are in Canada. We do study in English.

We plan to re-write our exams and practise either in Canada or the US.

I'm looking to connect with people in similar situations. It is really tough going sometimes and the financial stress is much more overwhelming than the academics.

The cost of living is less than at home, but any ideas on sources of funds for students like ourselves would be appreciated. Right now we try to balance consulting contracts with our studies.

So are we the only crazy ones out here?

Any thoughts/encouragement would be much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 5 months ago #55687 by grace4
I'm actually 40 and have had a successful career as a wedding photographer...going back to finish my bachelor degree, it will take 3 years including summers with the required science courses i need for med school. very intimitdated by the whole process and so happy to have found this site!

More
16 years 2 months ago #55688 by MomMD
bump

President, MomMD<br />Connecting Women in Medicine - Welcome all physicians, resident physicians, medical students and premedical students!

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!