× Introductions & Connections

MomMD Member Mosaic - Introductions and Reintroductions!!

More
15 years 1 month ago #56514 by meckley
Hi!

I'm 26, and working as a research technician in pharmacology. I think I am unique to this board since I am not going for an MD, but a PharmD in the fall.

Well, at least I hope so. I have an interview at my first choice in two weeks, and the wait is killing me!

I have been married for two years to a wonderful man who is in his second year of law school. We don't have children yet, but we are desperately searching for the right time for us to do so...I know, there's never a right time, but maybe a better time?

I found this site while looking for information for women who are trying to balance professional career goals with starting a family. Kudos to MomMD for being a forum for women to discuss these types of issues!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #56515 by Ann Dockendorf
My daughter introduced me to this site when she was in med school in PA, and it is one of the ways I can support her and be more aware some of her challenges. She is now a 2nd year anesthesiology resident in Houston, with a stellar husband, a 4-yr-old daughter, and another baby expected in June. -- So my membership is more for sideline observation and connection to the community of women in medicine at all stages. Medicine has always fascinated me, although I never considered it as a profession. I am a web designer in California.

More
15 years 1 month ago #56516 by **DONOTDELETE**
Hi everyone! :wave:
I just posted an intro, so I'll keep this short and sweet. I'm 17, working on 36 hours in college, and a mother of an 8 month old baby angel(Madeleine :goodvibes: ). I'm planning on becoming a doctor. I'm not sure what specialty yet. I wish everyone the best in the future. Thanks for the site! :D

More
15 years 1 month ago #56517 by Kahkeetsee
Hi everyone,
I'm a 40 year od pre-med student with 6 hours until graduation. :D I have 3 kids, ages 5,11,19, and a very supportive husband. I am taking the MCAT in April and applying this year WITHOUT my school's HPAC letter! :mad: Despite doing well,my overall from 15 years ago is not good. I work as a pedi home health nurse (16 years), and am in the middle of not only doing school, family, work, studying for the MCAT, but also involved in convention planning for another great group that I serve as president (OldPreMeds). WOW! It keeps me running, but I love it!!

More
15 years 1 month ago #56518 by **DONOTDELETE**
Hi! :wave: I'm Rinah. I'm from the Philippines. My husband Mark and I passed the licensure exam last August. :goodvibes: He's having his residency training in General Surgery at The Medical City :cool: . I, on the other hand, decided to forego my OBGYN residency at least after I give birth :blush: . We wanted to make sure everything's perfect for our first angel. We're expecting our baby this June and we both can't wait. I love this site. And I'm having fun :rotfl: with these graemlins!

More
15 years 1 month ago #56519 by leebud22
Hi there! I am a 31 year old 4th year med student, just awaiting graduation. I've pushed all of my vacation to the end, so technically I am done!
I am not going through the Match this year, as I am expecting my first child ANY day now! My husband and I decided that the timing was perfect to spend a year at home with baby, and not go straight into residency. I am planning to go through Match next year, and I really want to go into pediatrics.
Some history. . .always thought I wanted to be in medicine, but I am not a "science person," so I went for psychology. Didn't really love it like I thought I would, so after I graduated, went back and took science classes, applied to med school (twice), and got in. Being older definitely has its advantages--I have a very different perspective on my career than many of my younger classmates.
Although I have some doubts about entering a field in so much turmoil, I really do love seeing patients, and can't picture myself doing anything else.
Good luck to all of you applicants out there--it's tough work, and there will be days when you question your sanity, but it is a good choice, in my opinion.

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.264 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!