× Introductions & Connections

MomMD Member Mosaic - Introductions and Reintroductions!!

More
11 years 10 months ago #56760 by ketd28
Hi everyone! I joined after I had my first baby. Now I have two beautiful baby boys aged 1 and 3. I am ecstatic to say I will be graduating from med school in May.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #56761 by SharonD
Hi All! I am a family physian who has been masquerading as a hospitalist since finishing residency last year. I am so glad to announce that next month I will be leaving my current position (finally!) for the opportunity to practice primary care. :goodvibes: I am one of only 3 minority physicians in our city, out of 300+ docs, but I am well supported by my family, friends, and a great medical community.

My husband and I are hoping to adopt a baby soon, but in the meanwhile, we parent our 3 cats (as much as cats can be parented).

As a person who took a winding path to medicine (6 years between college and med school), I encourage all of you to pursue your dreams, wherever they may lead, and look forward to sharing more with you.

Well behaved women seldom make history.

More
11 years 9 months ago #56762 by txmom2008
Hello!

I'm Stephanie, a Pre-Med Sophomore. I'm 30 years old, married, and have one daughter. As of now, I work full-time and go to school at night. I hope to be able to start school full time in Fall 2008. I've been lurking around on this site for a few months, and have found it very helpful! I am thankful for this site; I think it's a great idea!

Hope to get to know all of you...

Steph :wave:

More
11 years 9 months ago #56763 by umma
hello everyone! I've enjoyed reading everyone's bios and thoughts on this site. I'm 32 years old and am a geriatrician/hospice physician in practice for 5 years. I have a son who is 3 and a daughter who is 9 months old. I attended a combined BA-MD program for 6 years and then did a residency in IM, then fellowship in geriatrics where I found out I loved hospice work. I currently work 4 days a week and enjoy the balance of work and home life. My son goes to daycare and my daughter stays home with a nanny. My husband is great a majority of the time. He is a PGY 9 (didn't think it went that high, didya?) specializing in hepatobiliary surgical oncology. We are looking to relocate now that he is finally finishing his training. Exciting but scary time for our family.

More
11 years 9 months ago #56764 by mai tai
hi all,
i'm 28, and i'm a second year internal medicine resident. i finally married my college sweetheart last year! we had been dating for eight years. now that i have the ring on my hand and the new last name, i'm starting to get the baby bug. i have enjoyed reading about how women make it work on this forum.

More
11 years 9 months ago #56765 by Dreaming Momma
Well, it appears that it has been about 5 years since the last post. I don't think I ever did the intro thing, so I am going to throw it out there in hopes of gaining a friendship out of this website.
I am 29 years old, mother of a 1 year old girl and 2 year old boy. I am a pre-med student getting ready to transer into the integrative physiology program. I want to pursue my medical education at the DO program in Colorado and then specialize in general surgery.
I have an excellent husband who has my back all the way. He knows how important this process is to me and I am blessed to have him in my life!
I have wanted to be a doctor for as long as I can remember. I am saddened to see such negative comments about practicing medicine either as a woman or just in this country because of all the issues. I know this is what I want to do, but intend to keep a level head about what I am doing. I sincerely give my prayers and respect to the women attempting to "do the impossible." It can be done. Your work will matter to someone =)
I welcome any messages back, a sort of penpal would be great!
I just moved here and am stuck at home doing my work by correspondence so I don't get out very much, plus two kids so young makes it hard to keep my sanity...lol. Thanks for your "ear."

"I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." Isa 41:10

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!