× Introductions & Connections

Hello, Everyone!

More
17 years 3 months ago #56811 by pkmagle
I''ve enjoyed so much reading the various topics posted by such a variety of women in and interested in medicine! This is what I've been looking for!

I'm a 50 year old "Momma-Doc", in family practice in rural Iowa for the last 20 years. I grew up in rural SW Michigan, graduated from University of Michigan with my BS in 1973, and from University of Michigan Medical School in 1977. I finished my FP residency in Oak Park, Illinois in 1980, moving to rural Iowa to practice in 1983.
I have been involved in teaching medical students ever since residency, and will regularly mentor young women in high school and college interested in health care professions.
I've been married for 22 years to my best friend and father to my children :) My son, aged 21, is a junior in college near our home. My daughter is nearly 18, and will be a senior in high school this year.
I have lived through the obnoxious senior residents, sleepless nights, colic, teen problems, and now menopause. I often cry along with my patients, and always give what advice I can.
I've enjoyed my profession, but am not fond of the lack of sleep, nor the constant business battles we have. Nothing is ever perfect.
Hang in there! The rewards are great, and not just in $$$

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 3 months ago #56812 by neurodoc
Hi everyone!

I'm a 30 year old IMG from the Philippines. I graduated from the St. Luke's College of Medicine in the Philippines 2 years ago and am currently taking the USMLE Steps 1 and 2.

I currently live in Chicago with my husband and daughter (currently 6 months old). Am looking forward to (hopefully) getting a residency in Neurology. Am also looking for a mentor in Neurology.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!