× MCAT & USMLE

Pharm review?

More
6 years 5 months ago #89878 by mdstudent14
Anybody come across any great ways to review pharm? I've been reviewing with each system-based module through First Aid, but I wanted to spend a day just looking over drugs. Anybody use a set of note cards they loved? Or is there a concise review like Pathoma, but for Pharm? Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #89879 by southernmd
Cards or a review didn't work - it wasn't reading the material that I had trouble with - it was remembering how to apply that knowledge and knowing the intricate differences between drugs. You need to practice using that knowledge more from my experience with Step 1 and 2.

I used World questions on random, full sets, timed. Then I used Kaplan Q bank for subject specific sets often on tutor mode to practice applying knowedge in specific disciplines. Sometimes you can read and study something a ton, but until you practice applying it - you don't really REALLY know if you know your stuff.

Just my two cents.

PS - Pharm was one of my strongest sections on Step 1 (they will asterisk those for you in a score report).

More
6 years 5 months ago #89880 by mdstudent14
Thanks for the input, Southern. I've gone through most of First Aid once at this point and am going back through it again now. I was hoping to integrate the Pharm in with the other stuff and just do a random 46-Q UWorld block each night (I've already reset UWorld once so I've had the opportunity to do a bunch of questions at this point), but I may need to section out the Pharm here this week and just focus on that. Alright, well thanks again! Hi ho, hi ho, onwards we go........

More
6 years 5 months ago #89909 by SW to MD
I created notecards for pharm as I went along, and then spent a half hour two times/day going through those notecards. Southern hit the nail on the head though, you need to be able to pull that info into context in the questions.

Questions, Questions, Questions, and more Questions. :)

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy - MLKJ

More
6 years 5 months ago #89915 by mdstudent14
Pharm is tricky for me because I'm actually doing well on it with my practice questions, and I'm afraid that because of that I'm not putting in the time I need to learn it to the level I need to for this. I'm going to take a day or a half day later this week and just go through all my charts again. Plus, keep doing Q's. :) Thanks, ladies!

More
6 years 5 months ago #90053 by nerdy
I used flashcards (don't remember the company now).

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!