× MCAT & USMLE

MCAT Secrets Study Guide

More
14 years 6 months ago #61165 by adewalt
All,

I have noticed the link to the MCAT Secrets Study Guide on this site. Has anyone purchased this guide and was it helpful?

Alana

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #61166 by Earthday
I have it - It was not helpful for me.

More
14 years 6 months ago #61167 by adewalt
Thanks for your opinion. I am in the process of deciding what is going to be the best approach for the MCAT.

I am working full time (like most of us) and need a system which will work from home. My schedule for the summer does not permit me to be in an actual classroom.

I noticed that Kaplan has an online course. I am going to check into that.

More
14 years 5 months ago #61168 by Setzer
I bought it. Its a bunch of crap. I'll send it to you for free if you want it.

I took Kaplan two years ago. I ended up with a 28 and I was scoring in the 24ish range on their practice tests. If I had buckeled down more I think it could have been higher. (I hate physics.)Kaplan is worth your time if you get distracted easily. Having a schedule really helps. Taking the test multiple times under real conditions is the most beneficial aspect. They also have lots of helpful practice material. But my prof. was just another college kid. He scored in the 90th percentile - didn't mean he could teach. So if you are very self-motivated and able to replicate test-like conditions then you don't need the class.

More
14 years 5 months ago #61169 by adewalt
Thanks for the confirmation. I am going to purchase the ExamKrackers and practice tests from AAMC. I think that will be my best bet.

I am not hearing too many positive things about Kaplan and it's really expensive. I need to save money for the applications.

More
14 years 5 months ago #61170 by myangel
Hi, this message it for Setzer with a posting dated May 23, 2005. You mentioned that you had purchased a study guide from mcat-secrets.com and did not find it helpful. I was originally looked into buying it, but now have reservation given the negative feedback from others. At the same time I am curious about the contents presented in the study guide, would it be possible for you to send me a copy (as you had stated that you wouldn't mind send it out for free if anyone interested)? Thank you in advance for your time.

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!