× MCAT & USMLE

Any Aug MCAT takers?

More
14 years 4 months ago #61494 by fraggle
Thank you doctorjoy :) Hearing all the scores received by the sdn.net kids is not the greatest vote of confidence (OMG! I got a 34R, should I retake??). My gpa and mcat score are a little below average for my 1st school of choice, OSU-COM, and I’ve had one advisor tell me my score is fine, and another telling me to retake--along with commuting 3 days a week an hour each way to take a summer human anatomy course. Anyway, enough about me. Most of the people I’ve talked to who did well took a LOT of practice tests. Some people seem to have an innate ability to take standardized tests; other ppl (like me) might know the material inside and out, but need to hone their standardized test taking abilities.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #61495 by Eli
Fraggle, if it makes you feel any better, although I did not take the April test (aiming for the Aug) I just took a practice and got a lovely 17 :yikes: this is after 3 months of studying...how's that for test taking skills.

It can really take the spirit out of you :(

"The strength of our present state of mind will always be the master of our destiny" Bhante Wimala

More
14 years 4 months ago #61496 by fraggle
I feel your pain, Eli. I made a 16 or 17 on my first practice test; this was also with a couple of months of studying under my belt. And that was in February -- 2 months before the real thing. Things that helped me the most were practice exams (I took 3R through 7 in the course of ~1 month) and the exam krackers verbal book (101 passages, or something like that). I also used the EK 10 week study schedule, which i will probably skim thru again. My score is nothing to brag about, but it’s way better that practice test. If I can do it, anyone can :) :crossfingers:

More
14 years 4 months ago #61497 by Doc201X
Ok guys, I'm now officially posting in two different MCAT threads! :rolleyes: :rotfl:

I've recently purchased more EK MCAT materials ( I can't believe I took the test without ALL the EK stuff :mad: ) and if I'm scoring in the 30's by August first, I'm going to take the plunge and retake in August intead of waiting until April 2006.

My Scientist/Physician Journey
www.Doc201X.blogspot.com

More
14 years 4 months ago #61498 by em
I'm also taking the August MCAT. I bought the AAMC 3R-6R tests which have been helpful so far. What other practice tests (besides AAMC 7 and 8, I think $40 a piece is a bit excessive) out there would you guys recommend?
Thanks!

More
14 years 4 months ago #61499 by Eli
How is everyone doing?

I'm pretty exhausted...I really need to do well, don't want to do this all over again for April :crossfingers: and stay cool ;)

"The strength of our present state of mind will always be the master of our destiny" Bhante Wimala

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!